Thread: 07 450ER Running weird

07 450ER Running weird

When I am going t higher speeds for extended periods of times, sometimes my quad will just shut off, it bogs down and feels as if its out of gas, (which isn't the case). It won't start right away so i wait a few minutes then fires right up like nothing happened. One time it happened I tried turning the valve to reserve just for ****s and giggles and it worked right away, not sure if this was coincidence or if it had something to do with the problem. Also wasn't sure if this could be an overheating issue and it shuts itself down?? Any input would be helpful, thanks fellas.

Check your vent line to make sure it's not clogged.

Quote Originally Posted by peteblake14 View Post
    When I am going t higher speeds for extended periods of times, sometimes my quad will just shut off, it bogs down and feels as if its out of gas, (which isn't the case). It won't start right away so i wait a few minutes then fires right up like nothing happened. One time it happened I tried turning the valve to reserve just for ****s and giggles and it worked right away, not sure if this was coincidence or if it had something to do with the problem. Also wasn't sure if this could be an overheating issue and it shuts itself down?? Any input would be helpful, thanks fellas.
    Did you get it figured out? I have a 06 doing the same thing

Doubt it's the float I'd say it's electrical. I know their different quads but buddy's raptor did something similar till I fixed a broken wire by shifter. I have a 05 but I'll help you troubleshoot
    FTZ National port polish 96mm CP piston.
    Falicon 68mm stoker crank Hot Cams 2.
    FMF Factory4 Power-bomb,
    Danatech program-able ignition
    Moto-Xperts 43mm fcr carb, triple rate shocks oem re-valves, Gt thunder XC link.
    Pro Armor Pro XC nerfs pro am skids.
    Home made gussets kit, polished 06 swinger.
    Pappy's performance coatings,

pull the pepcock off of the tank. there is a screen in there that will plug up. clean it and try it again.
    RECREATION TIRES
    www.rectires.com