Thread: Cobra or drr

Cobra or drr

I'm thinking about buying my son a cobra or hopped up DRR. I have him on a very mild built predator 90. I built that machine for him to ride around have fun on. I think it has been perfect for that. I recently entered him in a woods race and I'm trying to decide which way to go. I love the idea that the cobra is race ready in stock form but is it really? I know the DRR's will fly but I also know they take some $$ and time to get them to that point.

Can someone give me some insight? I don't mind buying used or even a new cobra if it's truely race ready.
    One more question, can you grow with the Cobras like you can DRR's? I mean with just engine swaps?
    06 LTR 450
    set up for xc

07 yfz450

http://www.heathmxracing.com/ I see they sell the DRR's too.
    That's where to go for the Cobra.
    Both are money pits.
    Both will need a-arms, swing arms, and steering stem (the cobra has arens components)
    Both will need shocks. (the cobra comes with siocks but no springs) (get PEP or motowoz. Elka's are junk)
    Need to buy a motor for the cobra. (many are offered)
    You may want to rear a thread on cobra/Heath in this forum.
    Good luck with your decision.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

I have a 2012 cobra with 2 70ss engines fully built. jb everything, heath everything big er radiator, tons of extras. make an offer. I do not want to part out. everything or nothing. I have been reluctant to part with it. it was fun and my daughter is almost old enough for it. give me a number before I change my mind. worcs championship winning bike.
    I am also a drr dealer.
    RECREATION TIRES
    www.rectires.com