Thread: 400ex tires

400ex tires

Hey guys, i have a 2004 400ex and they still have stock tires. i was looking to buy some rear tires without buying new rims. (i want a tire that is 20x10x9 or 20x11x9). i heard the holeshots h-d are good but wear down fast. i really want tires that can handle pavment and hard dry dirt. any suggestions?

well, any tire is you get is gonna wear down faster than normal on pavement. Id say a tire with big block knobs, like the kenda kutter, might last pretty good.

The Holeshot HD's wear well from my buddies that run them and they are puncture resistant. But I would not run them for what I am doing with my EX as they are super heavy and rob horsepower to get them spinning. For general trail riding they would be ok.
    Current quads:
    - Honda TRX 400EX - fully built 416cc motor and full XC racing setup for fast trail riding and hill climbing
    - Kawasaki Prairie 650 - work quad for around our property and main quad for the wife to ride
    - Suzuki LT80 - kids quad
    - Honda TRX 350RX - my old school hybrid MX quad from the 90's that has a 250R chassis with a built 350X motor and has now been converted into a XC setup

Previously owned several other sport quads and a few trikes over the years.

I have ran itps for the last couple years on road as much as off. I run gncc rears and mx6r fronts. Still have decent tread for all the seal coat riding and off etc. My replacement set is gbc xrex, now gbc xc master? Can't remember the new name, but same tire as maxis razor II's. Just as thick and great traction. Can get a full set off eBay for $275. The fronts are 21-?-10 and rears are 20-11-9, iirc. Good luck either way