Thread: Buying used - here's the seller's story - sound legit?...

Buying used - here's the seller's story - sound legit?...

Here's the deal... I'm a first time atv buyer and have been studying hard all aspects of buying and evaluating these things for a used purchase. Now after months of looking everywhere I finally found a local private seller through word of mouth that may be offering a hell of a deal. Story is...

Guy's got a 2012 Yamaha Griz 550 w/ EPS with 2900 miles and 250 hours on it and hes asking $4900. Says he got it from NPA? in Cincinnati for $4400 and paid $125 to ship it. After new tires, brakes and oil he says he's got $5000 into it coming from a dealer-only wholesale auction. I've only got $4500 to spend and really stressed that and he says he'll sell it to me if the guy coming on Friday doesn't pay the full $4900 price he's asking.

So yeah fairly excited about the prospects here. This one blue books for something like $5500-$5800 retail.

But I'm still a little too wet behind the ears still to be confident about evaluating these things used so I'm cramming as much info as I can before I go take a look at it. So don't want to get burned.

So couple questions...

1- I've seen some with more and less miles than the 2900 this one has. But have been taught it's not so much the mileage as how they were put on. Anyone have insight about this specific model with almost 3000 miles and 250 hours on it?

2- Are there any special problems the 2012 550 EPS Griz has that I should be looking out for?

bump

Doubt there are more than a handful of forum members that know anything about the 2012 Yamaha Grizzly 550. You'd be better off searching for a utility quad forum. To me, seems like a fair number of miles so condition would play a huge part. Those could be miles driving the kids around the yard or they could be hard core climbing miles.
    Operator of South Fork Competition Park near Richmond, VA.
    www.southforkmx.com or "Like" South Fork Competition Park on Facebook.
    2013 CRF450R
    2006 TRX450R

I'm not a grizzly 550 expert by any means, but 4500 is plenty for that bike with the miles. Hold firm and I bet he will take it, if not, there are plenty more fish in the sea.