Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apex service

I'm waiting on kick start parts. So when they arrive I'll give an update.

So an update.... I have the kick start fixed. I just did a compression test and came up with 210psi on a brand new OTC gauge. Jetting is 55 pilot and 145 main. I just cleaned the carb and put fresh gas in the tank. It also has a new br8es ngk plug. It takes 15 minutes to get started. What's the problem? Thanks

hmmmmmm what ratio are you using for the fuel ?? did you drain the tank and start fresh ?? how about the air/fuel screw on the carb?? it should be about 1.5 turns out try this too if you have the stock fuel petcock and shutoff eliminate it and run a fuel line directly from the tank to the carb we ran ours like that for years (on a built drr90) with an inline stone fuel filter and never had a problem again our shutoff valve went bad and the engine was starving for fuel give it a shot and let us know

A/F screw is 1.5 turns. I just had it running. It died twice. Both times it was acting like it was starving for fuel. When I was draining the tank it would stop feeding fuel. I pressurized the tank to get it to feed. Must be the petcock. I will try it without it.

Also make sure nothing has made a home in the pipe.
    TS RACING
    Tanner Sorrow #12
    90 OPEN
    90 AUTO SENIOR

Thanks to Tom and Atv 4 Play
    Thanks to Norris@ Quinn Motorsports

2012 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER/PEEWEE 70CC CHAMPION
    2013 DURHAMTOWN PEEWEE 90CC CHAMPION
    2014 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER 90CC CHAMPION

I pulled the petcock off and sprayed it out with carb cleaner then air. Put it back on and now it flows a little better. I'm going to put a new filter inline and try it. I would really like to keep the petcock in place. This is going to be a dune quad so we will go on long rides and reserve might come in handy. Also I'm worried that the jetting isn't right. I don't know the exact mods done so I can't list them. I do know it has an after market pipe carb and has been stroked with a big bore kit(120cc). Again I wasn't really given great info by the previous owner.

run the fuel line direct to eliminate any doubt. you can always reinstall a new petcock if that's it. even though you cleaned it and blew it out the old seals or O-rings will still swell and block the flow even though it seems ok. your jetting sounds pretty good.. do a plug check. install a brand new plug and then do a full throttle pull(assuming it starts !!!) it should be a light chocolate color. tannish.

Did you look at the reeds while the carb was off? Did previous owner live at a different elevation. We work on drr's here at www.rectires.com and they are extremely similar. But we're a ways for ya.
    RECREATION TIRES
    www.rectires.com

I'm honestly ready to through this POS in a dumpster. I have checked everything. I just put new fuel lines, fresh fuel, new fuel filter, spark plug, checked compression. You name it I've checked it. I also bypassed the fuel shut off valve. I'm at a loss. I don't know where to go from here.

How about the electronics? Maybe ohm the stator and CDI.
    I'm wondering if it has a aftermarket ignition.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast