Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apex service

It has a pvl. I don't know how to set it up or adjust it. It is getting spark. Once I get it started it runs great. It just takes 20 minutes of kicking to start. I think a 55 pilot is a little bit large. I'll try dropping to 52 today.

yea,defnitely check ignition. if you can, try removing the spark plug boot. it should unscrew from the coil wire. check the threads on it and if you have enough wire cut it back and thread it back into the fresh cut area. ours went bad here once. also, how did you check the compression ??? throttle wide open or closed ?? and check the spark while you kick it over. pull the boot and put a plug in there and ground it on the head while you kick it over but make sure you don't touch the plug while doing so. let us know if i's a strong spark or weak.

With all do respect, PVL's have been known to fail. One guy teels me has a pile of them. It happens.
    I set mine up (in the day) at TDC -1mm to start..
    Please understand , nothing personal against PVL.
    I'm thinking that 2 ppl now have tried all, except ignition.
    I'm just a LT80 guy but that's my 2 cents.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

My son has an lt80 that has been bullet proof! He is just to big for it. I got it to start today after only 12 kicks, which is an improvement. He got some seat time on this machine for the first time since we got it. He absolutely hated riding it because of the vibration. So he went back to old reliable (lt80).

Here is an update on this quad if anyone is interested.... I need to get this thing to start so I can sell it. I'm only getting intermittent spark. It has a pvl which I know nothing about. So how do I test to diagnose the problem? Do pvl ignitions have a common issue? I have fresh 110 octane fuel mixed at 40.1. The carb is clean and the reeds are in good shape. Please help if you can. Thanks Loren

did you clean all the dust out of the flywheel?
    RECREATION TIRES
    www.rectires.com

Just pulled it apart and cleaned. It isn't a pvl. Its a malossiinner rotor ignition. Everything is cleaned. I'm going to try to start it.

Quote Originally Posted by the norm View Post
    Just pulled it apart and cleaned. It isn't a pvl. Its a malossiinner rotor ignition. Everything is cleaned. I'm going to try to start it.
    What do you mean? Malossi makes a pvl also.
    TS RACING
    Tanner Sorrow #12
    90 OPEN
    90 AUTO SENIOR

Thanks to Tom and Atv 4 Play
    Thanks to Norris@ Quinn Motorsports

2012 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER/PEEWEE 70CC CHAMPION
    2013 DURHAMTOWN PEEWEE 90CC CHAMPION
    2014 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER 90CC CHAMPION

IMO, PVL and Malossi are 2 different companys. They both are inner rotor flywheels.
    I had a older center rotor Motoplat. They all of a sudden were not available anymore.
    Then came along PVL's. My first PVL was in 1995. PVL's were sold by what was Penton Motorsports (or is) west of Cleveland Ohio. They are the importers of KTM (or was). 1993 I talked with the son (and then CEO) of Penton. He donated his time to the local MX track.
    Then came along the scooter revolution and the onset of nifty foreign parts Like the Mallossi.
    That's my story on that.....LOL
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

I forgot about the penton brand.I use Stage 6 myself and prefer them over malossi.
    TS RACING
    Tanner Sorrow #12
    90 OPEN
    90 AUTO SENIOR

Thanks to Tom and Atv 4 Play
    Thanks to Norris@ Quinn Motorsports

2012 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER/PEEWEE 70CC CHAMPION
    2013 DURHAMTOWN PEEWEE 90CC CHAMPION
    2014 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER 90CC CHAMPION

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast