Thread: xc races close to north ms?

xc races close to north ms?

Does anyone know of a series that holds an xc race or races close to north ms. Ive found msxc series which looks pretty good, any others?
    06 YFZ
    03 400EX

I race the MSXC series. It's a good series, but only races in the fall-spring. There haven't been any summer races in a couple of years, which is fine by me. There are actually a few guys that come from MS to race the full season. As far as other series, I'm afraid I don't know of any that would be any closer to you. There are a few other series for bikes, but the quads have slowed down.

Do you know what month they start back up? I'm not sure on what class to run either? I read the races are no more than 1 hour and a half for atvs, is that right?
    06 YFZ
    03 400EX

They usually crank back up around the very end of Sept or beginning of Oct. The schedule hasn't been released yet. The top pro controls how long we race. If he comes through the tent at 1:45, race is over, but if you're a C class rider and stay on lead lap, this means you could probably be racing up to 2 1/2 hours. But, for the most part, we will be racing 1 1/2 to 2 hours. It's rare to run over 2 hours. If you have any questions about classes or anything, let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZRBuko8VY Heres a short clip I made this weekend. My endurance is god awful and I had arm pump from this..

What options are there for classes and how do the pit stops work?
    06 YFZ
    03 400EX

Looks like you have a pretty good place to ride, but most of your woods was more wide open than a typical Mid-South will be like, and a lot smoother. Prepare for roots on old tracks, rocks, and trees. The rougher the course you practice, the better prepared you will be. As far as pit stops, that's totally up to you. I only pit for gloves and goggles at nasty races. Other than that, I try not to stop at all. Classes... You can look online and see the class breakdown, but there is Pro, pro-am, and different age groups for A,B,C racers. They also have a beginner class. If you plan to run two races or more, sign up for points. Also, beginner is not a point paying class, so as soon as you trophy in beginner, you get bumped to C, so plan to at least run some sort of a C class. Beginner is for the guys who have always wanted to race one time and then they're probably done.

Are you running a bigger gas tank?
    06 YFZ
    03 400EX

I am, but that doesn't mean you have to. I raced for years with a stock tank, but the faster I got, the more gas I used. When you add a rekluse, it really burns more gas ( I run stock clutch in my racebike, but have been around plenty of rekluses) Plus a decked out racebike weighs a lot more than a stock bike. FCRs do burn more gas as well. That is the other reason I started running a big tank. Id run a couple before you spend money on a tank. You may be surprised about how little gas you use. You can always pit for gas if you think you're running dangerously low as well.