I am back to bigger organized practice events. We have a club renting out track next weekend so it is closed to the public. The club has 450+ members and figures 150 will be showing up. If quads could form a club and all agree on a practice track, they could rent the track for the whole day or weekend and not deal with bikes at all.

In all honesty, they don't run well together. "C/D" quads do well with bikes because they build 2 nice ruts in turns that most bikes guys like actually. It is the A/B quad riders that whip all the loose dirt off the track in the turns until it is back to hard pack. Bikes don't like hard packed turns plain and simple. Neither group gets a "primo" track to their liking if they are mingled. Owners hate the extra time in the dozer to put all the loose dirt back on the track. It isn't just the cost of diesel but the time and hours it puts on the dozer.

We are widening our track and making some alternate lines especially in turns so there is a bike lane and a quad lane to better deal with maximizing the experience for both. We are committed to both but it is a lot of extra work...and I probably wouldn't do it if I weren't an ex-quad racer myself. It's hard watching the side of the sport you love die off and yet my wife and I can't financially afford to fund it beyond the things we've been trying. Meaning those who advise on the "you build it and they will come approach" is long gone. In reality, that is the worst business advice ever. Almost all small businesses fail and simply investing in a dream without knowing the market is destined for bankruptcy 99% of the time. Riders expecting somebody else is going to step up and build a business around quads isn't going to happen. Quads are almost getting to "special event" status where the number are so low it takes forming clubs to continue having any monetary power.

My post isn't about South Fork though...we support ATVs every weekend for practice including this weekend when there is a D13 race for quads and a National going on. I am speaking in general what it would take for ATVs to be mainstream and desired at all local practice tracks. I see more and more tracks in PA supporting quads besides Breezewood. Maybe that is a big part of why quads are still way more popular in PA than NC and VA. Not sure what came first the chicken or the egg but at this point it is what it is. Most tracks don't support quads. The way to opening the door is showing them some guaranteed income numbers. Get some tracks that aren't supporting quads to open up for riding based on organized club turnout. Then it can progress from there.