Thread: Start up

Start up

Hi,

I'm trying to get into racing cross country/enduro races with my atv. I don't have any idea where to start or how to get into it. Any information would be appreciated. I live in Illinois and would prefer to start small and possibly near where I live. I ride a 400 ex and would also be interested in possible upgrades to my atv for racing.

Thanks

I really don't know of how many races there are in IL. I know that we used to race at Little Egypt in the Mid-South series, but check out www.msxc.com www.ixcr.com www.themaxc.com www.midwestxc.com and www.unitedoffroadracing.com and see if there are any races close to you. You may need to read up on the rules to see about class elgibility and requirements.

Xc races are strictly endurance, does your 400 have any suspension work, chances are that will be the first upgrade you want to do. What got u interested in quad racing, rode for a while or new to riding?
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike

Not sure where in Illinois you are but lincolntrailmotorsports.com has a few cross country races every year ran by different series. It's a cool place to race at! the course is never too intense for beginners and it's ran by great people. If you are relatively close check out the schedule and see if you can make one!
    406ex - January '13 QOTM