Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Happened to this Site?!

It's a shame, really. Unless I'm mistaken, it's nearly impossible to go searching through Facebook posts by keywords, by dates, and by members. Sure, it's good for a quick answer to a question, but all that great, technical information is just going to get lost in the garbage. We've had some great discussions, with answers by top-notch engine builders, all with photos and write-ups, searchable by keywords and dates. And as long as we don't experience a server crash, it will continue to live here forever.

I can pull up some really great, informative threads from five and ten years ago. Try doing that on Facebook.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

Trx250r.org

Quote Originally Posted by Ruf Racing View Post
    ^^ The only real 250R site, with the best guys and information! All else sucks A$s!!!!!!!!!
    Right F-red

I don't know where the other guy gets .org is slow. We have 3X the active members that .net does. Carlos drove that site into the ground. An exhaust hanger for $50. Who are we kidding?

Only the new guys learn something on FB. Its like stupid waiting to happen. You can't find any good info. Even if you ask you get slammed in the face for being an idiot. All they are concerned about is 1 upping the last post. Retarded in my book.

I am banned for life on .net. I come here to find out the good info from past projects. .Org is only 2 years old and there is not as much experience as this site has had.
    Home of the shiny 250r
    I see stuff whether it exists or not

All the quad forums that I have been using since the early 2000's have died off... which actually sucks.... While the forums are being minimized to almost nothing 90% of the quad talk on the social media sights like FB and twitter are mostly just people showing off pics of their stuff. And all the little tips and tricks to the sport being passed along have died off as well. I keep checking my forums every cpl weeks hoping to see some more activity. But the trx250r guys seems to be the only guys really into the forums anywhere.. I wont stop checking on them but I rarely ever get on here if I need quick help with a question. just because the turn around time anymore is pretty sad. I hope the forums stay alive... and I want to throw a shout out to harlen for such an amazing sight....
    05 Gt Thunder Trx490r
    WHITEHORSE RACING
    RISSLER EXTEREME ATV
    PRM, AXE racing, FASST bars, GPR, IMS-Roll, DID chains, HRC, JT sprockets, GT Thunder link, Hipers, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Custom Axis, LSR (stem,arms swinger carrier hubs), Axecalliber axil, QuadTech, T&T Racing, Spider, UNI, Pivot works, mxprographx,

WHITEHORSE RACING Trx416ex
    Razor 2's 23"-22"s,IMS tank,Galfer Steal Brake Lines,Denton Stabilizer,Herrmann +1 swingarm,Herrmann Racing Seat latch,Hotcams Stage one,Port and polish,Dynojets,Wesico,Tag Bars,PRM Bumper,PRM Skids,Rad carriers,Spyder grips,All Balls,LRD Exhaust,Green Frame,Stock Red Front Plastic,Gray Maier Rear Plastics ,Elkas Shocks Up Front,STocker Rear Shock,Blown elka rear in the shop!

Knox Racing 1987 trx250r (under construction)

I get why the Facebook pages are so popular. It's a one-stop shopping location, people are getting their news, entertainment, and social connection all in location. Because SO many people are on facebook at any one time, anything you post gets instant exposure to a huge audience. It's really great for buying and selling.

Problem is, all that instant exposure comes at a price. Sure, you're question or issue is seen by a larger number of people than here in the forums, and much faster as well. But how many of them are knowledgable, TRULY knowledgable? It's like the stupidity in the Open Forum on this site, times ten. And in the format of Facebook, nobody wants to post (or read) a truly lengthy in-depth analysis or explanation.

Edit: I just ran through the Open Forum, and we're still getting visitors. There was a thread started last night, and it had 41 views in about 12 hours. Granted, that number used to be hundreds, but 4 or 5 views every hour isn't NOBODY, we still have the potential for traffic.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

I can't stand Facebook, so I don't use it. But I check this site almost religiously. Its too bad more people don't use it more, like they used too. So much knowledge and good stuff on some of these pages...
    If I am not at work, on the way to work, or on the way home from work, I am probably riding

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12