Thread: drr 50 help!

drr 50 help!

00u0u_1vxJrF2o8TT_600x450.jpg00w0w_1vwAsWmzia7_600x450.jpg00c0c_gg2GaIBc0KB_600x450.jpg

Here are a few pictures of a drr50 I'm thinking about picking up for my daughter. She's 5 and wants to start racing. Owner doesn't know the exact year or model... any help? Also the acceleration is a little slow, takes a second to get up to speed. Any suggestions on what that may be? Maybe some input on how much it's worth? Thank you all in advance!

Call DRR they will know what year & model it is from #s on the frame

Quote Originally Posted by RMFs Pappy View Post
    Call DRR they will know what year & model it is from #s on the frame

I did thank you. It's an 08 drx 50. Picked it up for $300 today. Only issue is the heavy rev before it starts going.... any ideas what that may be?

pull the clutch apart to see whats going on in there. could need cleaning, slipping belt, rollers, torque spring. also, before you take it apart, put it on a stand and run it thru the rpm band and see how it reacts. check compression also.

I figured clutch would be my starting point. Compression seemed great (kicking it and running it, not actual test). Thank you I appreciate it! Can't wait to take my daughter out this weekend to ride it.

WOW 300.00 Not a bad deal there at all
    TS RACING
    Tanner Sorrow #12
    90 OPEN
    90 AUTO SENIOR

Thanks to Tom and Atv 4 Play
    Thanks to Norris@ Quinn Motorsports

2012 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER/PEEWEE 70CC CHAMPION
    2013 DURHAMTOWN PEEWEE 90CC CHAMPION
    2014 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER 90CC CHAMPION

When he told me that I jumped on it. Now if it's just a clutch replacement to fix that problem we are golden. Hopefully taking my daughter out next weekend to hit the track for the first time!

Ok so I just did a compression test. Compression is low, about 105-110psi. Also, kick doesn't retract all the way after you kick it. Advise please!?

I would re-ring it and replace the torque spring.To fix the kick start all you need to do is remove the clutch cover and clean it.Then lube the moving parts.
    TS RACING
    Tanner Sorrow #12
    90 OPEN
    90 AUTO SENIOR

Thanks to Tom and Atv 4 Play
    Thanks to Norris@ Quinn Motorsports

2012 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER/PEEWEE 70CC CHAMPION
    2013 DURHAMTOWN PEEWEE 90CC CHAMPION
    2014 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER 90CC CHAMPION

gotta agree. re-ring and torque spring. might wanna try the torque spring first though and go from there