Thread: 06 no start after rebuild!!!

06 no start after rebuild!!!

I just put my 06 r back together and it will not start. New 12.5:1 cp piston and the valves were recut and replaced with kibble white +1 exhaust and stock sized intakes. I had him do a mild port job on it, it has a stage 2 cam that I had in it previously. Fresh 93 gas and it will not fire. It has a 48 pilot and 175 main in it right now that I was running with a stock piston and head just with the cam and a full hmf exhaust and air filter. I had a local well known performance shop do the head work but his main focus is on v8 racing engines. The intakes are set at .006 and exhaust is .011 any pointers that might be causing it not to start or questions I can ask the shop that did the work? Thanks!

Several things can come into play here. You've given a good start of info but ill start on the details you didnt give. You've verified fuel and fire at the combustion chamber right? What about your decompression lever? It should be exhaust clearance +.006. Or in your case .017. What about a leak down test. Possibly a valve didn't get seated correctly allowing compression loss. Kicker or electric start?
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike

It's electric start, what exactly do you mean about the decomp and .017?

There is a decompression arm on the right side exhaust valve rocker arm. It opens the exhaust valves to allow the motor to turn over during starting. If its not set right you will not have enough compression to let the motor start. It will take 2 pieces of feeler stock to set it right. The .011 feeler in the valve and the .006 feeler between the decompression arm and rocker arm
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike