Thread: Bogging issue

Bogging issue

Well im still new to the CVT world and I have a issue that I would like some opinions on. I have a DRR 50 (built team mhr malossi) that im having a bogging issue. It starts right up, idle's no problem and when you hit the throttle it rips out of the hole then after about 3 seconds it starts bogging down like you have your foot on the brake. It was running great and then just started doing this without changing anything. I pulled the clutch and everything apart inspected (no defects that I could see), cleaned and reassembled. The trans rolls freely with no binding that I could feel. I also put it on a stand held it pinned and it didn't seem to have the problem but I may not have held it long enough. running 3.25 rollers, stock variator with new slides, 78x16x30 PL 30206 belt, stock clutch with red shoe springs and I believe a 1500 maybe 2000lb (numbers are wore off) torque spring. Any help is much appreciated

Try changing your torque spring. They get weak very quick. Most people change them out every moto...

What color is the torque spring?A 2000 in a 50 would be to heavy in my opinion.
    TS RACING
    Tanner Sorrow #12
    90 OPEN
    90 AUTO SENIOR

Thanks to Tom and Atv 4 Play
    Thanks to Norris@ Quinn Motorsports

2012 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER/PEEWEE 70CC CHAMPION
    2013 DURHAMTOWN PEEWEE 90CC CHAMPION
    2014 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER 90CC CHAMPION

we ran that same clutch set up a few years ago in our 50, I had the best results with a green 1250 torque spring

After looking into it more it has the silver holeshot torque spring 1500lb. Im just waiting on a lot of clutch parts to come in. Gonna start with the torque spring then process of elimination from there until I figure out what the issue is. still learning the cvt so running into issues like this just teaches me. Thanks for the replies