Thread: Yfz450r nerf bar strength.

Yfz450r nerf bar strength.

Hey I have a 09 yfz450r with moose trail series nerf bars. My dad used the outside edge on one side as a step putting all his weight on it (about 190lbs) to hang something up in the garage. I know I might just be over paranoid and I know there built strong and suspension should absorb most of the stress on them but should I be worried about them being tweeted or bent along with the mount points on the quad it's self? It looks ok but hard to tell. Just looking for your opinions on it. Thanks

Need bars are made to be dented, bent, rubbed and scraped. Don't worry about it.

Yep I know there made to take a beating but was more worried about my quads mounting points more so then the bars themselves.

A

The main reason I quit coming to this forum bad info from people who don't know squat!
    Sign up with Testking sat exam ccna for getting incredible online testking courses Testking psat practice test pdf and uconn.edu We also provide best

^ you mean bad, non-informative posts like this one??? (your now one of "those" guys...)

OP:
    if you had chromoly nerf bars then there may be something to worry about, but being the fact yours are alloy chances of your nerfs bending or tweaking the frame is pretty slim just by stepping on the edge. He may bend the nerf but not the mounting points on the frame. My son races mini-quads and the raptor 125 is much smaller. I have stood on the nerfs several times for various things and I'm 200 lbs. The only thing that happened once was I slightly tweaked a nerf bar down slightly, very slightly when I had a full jug of fuel and my weight on the edge when I stepped on it, but the fame was fine.
    Hope this helps ease your concerns. To bend the frame your going to have to have one heck of a impact as in some sort of accident. Then there is a chance. But not by just stepping on the nerf bar edge. Nerfs are typically designed to give way long before the frame gets damaged.