Thread: a slight pop pnm decell???

a slight pop pnm decell???

I picked up a 2004 honda 250ex . It has the older dg performance Xcellerator slip on pipe,uni air filter,no air box lid everything else is stock. When I got it ..it was running poorly. I installed a Dynojet 112 main and 42 honda pilot in the carb,new plug and air filter. After resetting the fuel mixture and idle set to factory specs here is what I have now. There is a slight pop on decelleration from full throttle and i have the fuel/air set to 3.5 turns out and the idle set perfectly. It idles nice and has great acceleration on throttle. But being anal on how all my quads run I was wondering what you guys would suggest to eliminate the last little pop on decell???

ok the fuel mixture is for mid range not idle. the idle jet controls idle. The mixture should only be about 1.5-2 turns out total. Anymore and you chance having issues like your seeing. Also check the float level. After resetting the carb if still having problems, check the valve lash. could be bad lash causing valve to be hung open slightly as well.

good luck.

go up on the pilot and close the fuel mixture some.
    RECREATION TIRES
    www.rectires.com