Thread: Does this seem like a good deal?

Does this seem like a good deal?

Hi. I was wondering if anyone would have any input on buying this LT80. It seems like a decent deal but I am completely new to the ATV world. I found it on craigslist & the ad says " Lt 80 with lots of extras FMF pipe rims tires speed gear kit bigger handlebars. Also have seconds four wheeler for parts . All must go at one time not parting out. Asking $800 " He said the battery just went dead in the last week or 2 but can jump start it to test drive. He also lowered the price to $650 with my asking. I plan on making the hour long trip this evening to purchase but just wanted to see what others think about it. Here are the 3 pics that were on the ad too.
    lt803.jpglt802.jpglt80.jpglt803.jpglt802.jpglt80.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jperfet85 View Post
    Hi. I was wondering if anyone would have any input on buying this LT80. It seems like a decent deal but I am completely new to the ATV world. I found it on craigslist & the ad says " Lt 80 with lots of extras FMF pipe rims tires speed gear kit bigger handlebars. Also have seconds four wheeler for parts . All must go at one time not parting out. Asking $800 " He said the battery just went dead in the last week or 2 but can jump start it to test drive. He also lowered the price to $650 with my asking. I plan on making the hour long trip this evening to purchase but just wanted to see what others think about it. Here are the 3 pics that were on the ad too.
    lt803.jpglt802.jpglt80.jpglt803.jpglt802.jpglt80.jpg
    seems like a good deal to me.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

I still haven't picked it up yet due to my husband being out of town but seller said he would hold until Saturday. Thanks for checking it out LT80. Could anyone suggest somethings I should look at on it before buying. My dad is going with me, as he has owned atv's through the years & will give it a look over but just wondering if certain things go wrong on these? This is a lot of money for us & it will be a Christmas gift for my 9 year old. I am super excited to see his face when he sees he has a real atv of his own

Cases can crack. Look around the front sprocket. That's the common spot. Also where the rear end plates bolt to the case (just behind the front sprocket)to make sure the bolts haven't came loose and wore/broke the cases.
    Frame: stand it up and look where the 3 tubes come together. Also the 2 tubes that are sorta beside the carb.
    Hopefully the stock pipe comes with it.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

You are awesome! Thanks so much! I'll update after purchase