Thread: trx90 to cr80 swap

trx90 to cr80 swap

Who can help me with this. Im new here because I cant find any upclose photos showing what others did for engine mount location. Looking for any info or pics up close to help. Thanks

so far I have taken the motor and stripped it all down to a rolling chassis on the trx. I have the motor out of the cr80 and set it in to line stuff up. I have gathered up some material to use for mounts. I cut out the top engine mounts for the 90 motor to make room for the 80 motor. Next step will be to make the rear mount where the 80 had the swing arm axle mount. This will be a solid mount because the 90 has a separate axle for the swingarm. This is where I wish I had some ideas on how others were done. I have truly only found 1 picture of a frame someone was selling without the motor.

I have one but as of now I cant post any pics sorry but the engine sets way forward and clears and looks good in the plastic the plastic is trimmed for the pipe my question is to you about if you plan on running a different swingarm b/c I believe my engine would need to be remounted different further back with a longer travel swingarm I think. I will try to post pics.

post some photos of the frame and the the frame with the 80- motor in it and maybe i can help with some ideas.

Well I have the motor mounted. That went pretty good. Now working on the pipe. So far not going so good.

looks good.

Pipe is made and mounted. Cooling system in and bike runs.

Ice drags this weekend but not ready. Hoping for Feb 21st races.