Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: YFZ450 shocks on a 400ex

Quote Originally Posted by 450rtt View Post
    the special edition yfz shocks have an additional adjustment, whereas the regular yfz shocks do not.
    What other adjustment do they have. Every yfz I've owned or been around has had 3 adjustments. Compression, ride height and rebound. My special edition yfz's had an awesome ugly yellow spring was the only difference!
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike

Ok I adjusted the preload and it made a big diffence. I also adjusted the screws in like 450rtt suggested and it didn't seem to rebound so I adjusted the screws all the way out and it rebounded to my liking. Would just adjusting the preload/ride height with the screws all the way out be a good starting spot to start and see how it rides?
    01 Honda 400ex with stage 2 Hotcams.

yep. just ride it, make a small change somewhere and see if it helps or not.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue#2 View Post
    What other adjustment do they have. Every yfz I've owned or been around has had 3 adjustments. Compression, ride height and rebound. My special edition yfz's had an awesome ugly yellow spring was the only difference!
    04, 05, 06 did not have hi/low speed compression. In 07 it came out on special edition model and was then continued on every model from there on.

It is a large gold adjustment knob very easy to see when compared.

04, 05, 06 did not have hi/low speed compression. In 07 it came out on special edition model and was then continued on every model from there on.

I'm gonna steal a line off of a movie again. "wow you can read the brochure"
    2012 yfzR a few goods

2006 yfz.......pep lt shocks lsr and it glows in the dark

03 polaris predator(traded)

www.facebook.com/podiumxperts

That falls under compression but good catch, you can have your daily enjoyment off that one. Don't go confusing ppl cause not all hi/lo speed knobs are gold. Maybe that's why you haven't seen it on several other shocks its offered on.

That falls under compression but good catch, you can have your daily enjoyment off that one. Don't go confusing ppl cause not all hi/lo speed knobs are gold. Maybe that's why you haven't seen it on several other shocks its offered on.
    let me remind you, this is the statement you made.

you can beat it up any way you want to that's the difference between the two shocks and yes, it is a difference. You said they have 3 adjustments on any of the ones you've seen, i'm sorry your experience is limited, but don't spread bad info because of that, we all dont' need to suffer just because you dont' know what you're talking about. i corrected you and said that the newer and SE models have 4 adjustments. sorry this offended you and made you get butt hurt. facts are facts.

they also changed the spring rates in 06, but i'm sure you already knew that right?

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung04 View Post
    I'm gonna steal a line off of a movie again. "wow you can read the brochure"
    read the brochure? try owning 3 of them, and installing these shocks on my 400ex. It's experience bud. If i was a tough guy like you i'd take cheap shots over the interwebz too! you go girl!

let me remind you, this is the statement you made.

you can beat it up any way you want to that's the difference between the two shocks and yes, it is a difference. You said they have 3 adjustments on any of the ones you've seen, i'm sorry your experience is limited, but don't spread bad info because of that, we all dont' need to suffer just because you dont' know what you're talking about. i corrected you and said that the newer and SE models have 4 adjustments. sorry this offended you and made you get butt hurt. facts are facts.

they also changed the spring rates in 06, but i'm sure you already knew that right?
    I gave you the benefit and told you that you were right, you were just to dumb to take it that way or just wanted to fight. Go dig up a 5 year old post where I was wrong and maybe you can start trolling me too. Hell I don't have to do any digging for you I remember an endless argument with you when you could not accept the fact that hondas had a rotating assembly issue in 04/05. Me inexperienced? There's a reason I'm still around on this site buddy. You just make it more interesting for me. I don't give a damn about spring rates cause they always get replaced. You didn't even know Honda changed the roller crank bearing position in 06. Throw me test of knowledge that matters?

I gave you the benefit and told you that you were right, you were just to dumb to take it that way or just wanted to fight. Go dig up a 5 year old post where I was wrong and maybe you can start trolling me too. Hell I don't have to do any digging for you I remember an endless argument with you when you could not accept the fact that hondas had a rotating assembly issue in 04/05. Me inexperienced? There's a reason I'm still around on this site buddy. You just make it more interesting for me. I don't give a damn about spring rates cause they always get replaced. You didn't even know Honda changed the roller crank bearing position in 06. Throw me test of knowledge that matters?
    what on gods green earth are you talking about roller crank bearing? If you're talking about the big end bearing that notoriously fails on the gen 1's then i'm not sure where our opinions differ. I didn't really see you giving me the benefit of the doubt, what i saw you was you being bitter about the fact that i corrected your post by stating that all shocks are not the same for all years. Again, i'm sorry this has offended you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast