Thread: e85 ...

e85 ...

Has anyone tried running e85 with there dales ....and if so what's you maps .....

Don't you have to set an engine up to run E85? I don't think you can just decide to run E85 in them??? Am I right or wrong

I've ran e85 on carbs baseline 30% jump on jets I was just wondering if anyone had a map for it ...

I am guessing your engine is stock as your using the motospeed map. As the thread on e85 stated you would have to make ethanol resistant fuel lines and most likely move up to harley injectors . Id say its a waste of time for maybe a 1 horse gain. Perfomance porting the head is number one on the Dale mod list . Its a permanent 8-10 plus horse gain on a stock engine. Is your engine updated with the z crank bearing ?

Yes I'm running the moto speed map ..as far as being stock I don't know it does have the updated Val e cover and the water pump impeller other than that I don't know ..I was just wondering about the e85 cause it's cheep

With no history or proof of basic updates my policy is never run the engine again until it done or verified. They just cost to much to repair once they are driven to destruction and you need to replace so many internals.
    E85 might be cheaper but you will use much more so its a wash.