Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New 450r Set For 2015

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue#2 View Post
    THIS is the only thing accurate in that whole story you wasted 15 minutes on
    except for the word developing because
    http://ip.com/pat/us8007005
    and
    http://ip.com/pat/us7954835

prove it is developed.
    RECREATION TIRES
    www.rectires.com

impossible to believe.

john
    If you can't modify it why have it???

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomRider View Post
    So the new details are as follows....
    All new hybrid alloy frame which allows a rider through HRC, to fine tune not only the flex in the frame, but make subtle changes to the overall fit of rider to quad. Adjustable peg locations ensure that more riders than ever will be able to find the ideal rider position.
    Seating will be optional upon purchase. A choice of three seating options will be available, lo pro for light weight, ideal for MX. woods option with more foam but still light, and standard which will be the plushest of all.
    Motor will be an advanced 450cc TRX exclusive with dry sump lubrication, electric with kickstart back up, a 6 speed close ratio transmission, fuel injection and a cold air ram intake airbox for extra flow. To save weight, a titanium header will be standard, and again, to be totally configurable, different options available at purchase to best suit the quad to your riding style.
    Suspension will be revolutionary...to improve rear suspension response and eliminate chain slack, the frame and transmission have been redesigned, with the pivot point of the swing arm being in line with the output shaft, instead of having the pivot bolt pass through the rear engine mount, two separate bolts position the swing arm with the counter sprocket being housed inside the swing arm yet still easily changeable. The result is the swing arm will go through it's entire stroke with no tension or slack in the chain resulting in more consistent suspension action and power delivery. The rear drive uses a split sprocket for ease of removal all while centralizing mass.
    The front suspension is just as revolutionary with pushrod and bell crank setup with the shocks being mounted within the frame rails. In another first, a micro rack and pinion has been designed to eliminate bump steer and return a more precise steering action.
    The front hubs have been designed along with the spindles, to place the center of the tires on the center line of the spindle pivot further giving the 450 the most accurate and tunable steering in the history of sport atv's.
    Anti vibration stem is standard as it hydraulic clutch. Bodywork is 30% lighter than in the past with the ability to modify fenders with a line of shape and size options to suit your riding style.

In addition there will be several option packages if you wish to order your TRX fully customized:
    Trail Star: 47" width, extra clearance lower a-arms, nerf bars, trail spec tires, carbon kevlar underside protection, and hand guards are included.
    Desert Star: 50" width, dune spec paddle tires or desert-off road heavy duty tires, HID lighting options are included.
    Trick Star: 49" width, stiffer suspension settings and unique grab handle options are included.
    Moto Star: 50" width, nerf bars, light weight accessories are included.

Thank you for your patience, this has indeed been a long and tiresome road, I am glad to have been a beacon of light and if you read all the way down to this sentence, I am truly sorry, but my Honda insider says unless we have another financial boon that sends people back to the dealerships, they have no intention of developing a new sport quad. What I listed above was actually some of the real details, some of the things listed were actually mocked up in our long since closed shop, especially the steering and suspension. There was a fully running prototype BITD, some of you probably had seen it without knowing it because it was disguised in Kawasaki body work.

TPR
    Lol, TPR. Your post reminds me of the days of the mythical TRX500R that Honda already had designed and produced and then magically decided to scrap before shipping to dealers. Btw, people are still running to the dealers and spending tons of money in the power sports industry. They are just buying Polaris, Can Am, Arctic Cat and Yamaha and spending 20-25K on sport SXS. No worries though just like in the 90's and early 2000's Yamaha is still motivated to produce new and updated quads for their customers and not abandon them like Honda, Kawi and Suzuki.

Anyways, let's break a few things down in this new mythical 450R. First and foremost, There is no way Honda is going to use a hydraulic clutch. We have seen their philosophy in the mx 2-wheeler market. They were going to do one over 2 years ago but production costs are too high and that idea was done away with.

Also, no way in Hell that they were going to offer electric start w/ kick star backup. They have already chit canned the kicker on their TRX years ago. Once again, production costs are too high for them to offer different variations of the same quad.

As far as having multiple platforms and setups for different riding enviroments, not a chance in Hell would Honda produce any such thing. Hondas ATV philosophy has never changed over the years. They have always built a solid base set-up and left it to the aftermarket to customize. The one time Honda tried to re-invent their sport ATV's, they failed miserably (TRX 700XX).

Bottom line is, if Honda had decided to update the TRX450R it would have been nothing more than fuel injection, updated plastics and BNG and maybe just maybe an aluminum/steel hybrid frame. Those are all great ideas that you have listed when and if Honda went to the drawing board but the reality of it is that most of those ideas would have never come to fruition during production. Sorry to say, but they are done and all you Honda 450R die hards will be in the same boat as the 250R guys back in the day.

I finally had to move on after 20 years of rebuilding my 250R and and the 450r guys will be in the same position. Only difference is that it was a lot cheaper to re-build the 250R.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo525 View Post
    Lol, TPR. Your post reminds me of the days of the mythical TRX500R that Honda already had designed and produced and then magically decided to scrap before shipping to dealers. Btw, people are still running to the dealers and spending tons of money in the power sports industry. They are just buying Polaris, Can Am, Arctic Cat and Yamaha and spending 20-25K on sport SXS. No worries though just like in the 90's and early 2000's Yamaha is still motivated to produce new and updated quads for their customers and not abandon them like Honda, Kawi and Suzuki.

Anyways, let's break a few things down in this new mythical 450R. First and foremost, There is no way Honda is going to use a hydraulic clutch. We have seen their philosophy in the mx 2-wheeler market. They were going to do one over 2 years ago but production costs are too high and that idea was done away with.

Also, no way in Hell that they were going to offer electric start w/ kick star backup. They have already chit canned the kicker on their TRX years ago. Once again, production costs are too high for them to offer different variations of the same quad.

As far as having multiple platforms and setups for different riding enviroments, not a chance in Hell would Honda produce any such thing. Hondas ATV philosophy has never changed over the years. They have always built a solid base set-up and left it to the aftermarket to customize. The one time Honda tried to re-invent their sport ATV's, they failed miserably (TRX 700XX).

Bottom line is, if Honda had decided to update the TRX450R it would have been nothing more than fuel injection, updated plastics and BNG and maybe just maybe an aluminum/steel hybrid frame. Those are all great ideas that you have listed when and if Honda went to the drawing board but the reality of it is that most of those ideas would have never come to fruition during production. Sorry to say, but they are done and all you Honda 450R die hards will be in the same boat as the 250R guys back in the day.

I finally had to move on after 20 years of rebuilding my 250R and and the 450r guys will be in the same position. Only difference is that it was a lot cheaper to re-build the 250R.
    well said!!!

john
    If you can't modify it why have it???

TPR always makes these bs claims..look at the post history..
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

yep. his post history is new 450r set for 2010, new 450r set for 2011, new 450r set for 2012, new 450r set for 2013, new 450r set for 2014, new 450r set for well you get the point.
    RECREATION TIRES
    www.rectires.com

I wish we knew some folks from across the pond... Rumor has it, the boys from Cali are testing the NEW 450 over there.
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    2014 AMA/ATVA 450 2X National Champion
    ALL OUT RACING
    2015 CanAm JB/Mt. Dew Live Wire Amateur Race Team
    2014 Sponsors: Extreme-Tec ATV, Makson Incorporated, Corrosion Specialties, Rath Racing, Walsh Racecraft, SF Racing, Baldwin Motosports, Apex Powersports - New Philadelphia, Ohio, Action Extreme Sports - New Philadelphia, Ohio,

Quote Originally Posted by Logan #34's Dad View Post
    I wish we knew some folks from across the pond... Rumor has it, the boys from Cali are testing the NEW 450 over there.
    How reliable of a source did this rumor come from. Im just curious cause I heard rumor years ago that a NEW 450 was spotted setting in an assembly plant by a UPS driver......this was 5 years ago
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike

I was told by a very reputable source it is built and has been built for years now. They started out on it while the sport was still booming in 08 when KTM, Suz, etc came to the game. Problem was by the time they were finished with it, the market was gone so there it sits. I have no doubt in my mind they built it, but it would be foolish as a business decision to go through with production right now. Yamaha is making new bikes, but they're not exactly flying off the floors. There really is no room for two manufacturer's right now. It will be out whenever the market starts to come back after everyone burns out on SxSs. My guess is at least another 3 years out more likely 4-5.
    -Kevin-
    GNCC #444
    2013 Junior B Champion

Thanks to my 2014 sponsors:

Lexington Motorsports, MSR, Schaeffer's Racing Oil, WKC Powersports, GT Thunder, Wiseco Pistons, Precision, Spy Optics, Spider Grips, Panda's Powdercoating, Roll Design, IMS, Blingstar

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue#2 View Post
    How reliable of a source did this rumor come from. Im just curious cause I heard rumor years ago that a NEW 450 was spotted setting in an assembly plant by a UPS driver......this was 5 years ago
    IF anyone is tight with the Works Series Champion - HE CAN confirm this info...

I saw where Hetrick's have put a CRF450r EFI into a TRX chassis.... I saw it with my own eyes, looks great and according to the mechanic - bone stock its putting out 49ish HP on their drum. Compared to what for a stock TRX? A simple cam change and high compression piston on the CRF and what would that take it up too?
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    2014 AMA/ATVA 450 2X National Champion
    ALL OUT RACING
    2015 CanAm JB/Mt. Dew Live Wire Amateur Race Team
    2014 Sponsors: Extreme-Tec ATV, Makson Incorporated, Corrosion Specialties, Rath Racing, Walsh Racecraft, SF Racing, Baldwin Motosports, Apex Powersports - New Philadelphia, Ohio, Action Extreme Sports - New Philadelphia, Ohio,

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast