Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New 450r Set For 2015

it was in my atv.com newsletter, i also found the link on there webpage if anyone would like to read it

i dont know how accurate the atv.com website is

http://www.atv.com/manufacturers/hon...dels-2390.html

Is anyone, surprised? NOT!!!!!!!! There money is made, at the ones that have the new models for 2016. Mud and general riding. The sport quad guys, are a rare breed.
    A wise man can learn more from a foolish question,
    than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

Bruce Lee

Why would you change something that most find has nothing really wrong with it? it works for the majority and thats what matters Look at yamaha, all these stupid different models..aint no one buying them. Everywhere I ride, sport quad of choice is a honda it seems-always the majority.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

Follow GNCC this season, yamaha is obviously selling. Every row is full of them
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue#2 View Post
    Follow GNCC this season, yamaha is obviously selling. Every row is full of them
    Maybe at the races, but every recreational area I go to its littered with hondas old and new.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

So the new details are as follows....
    All new hybrid alloy frame which allows a rider through HRC, to fine tune not only the flex in the frame, but make subtle changes to the overall fit of rider to quad. Adjustable peg locations ensure that more riders than ever will be able to find the ideal rider position.
    Seating will be optional upon purchase. A choice of three seating options will be available, lo pro for light weight, ideal for MX. woods option with more foam but still light, and standard which will be the plushest of all.
    Motor will be an advanced 450cc TRX exclusive with dry sump lubrication, electric with kickstart back up, a 6 speed close ratio transmission, fuel injection and a cold air ram intake airbox for extra flow. To save weight, a titanium header will be standard, and again, to be totally configurable, different options available at purchase to best suit the quad to your riding style.
    Suspension will be revolutionary...to improve rear suspension response and eliminate chain slack, the frame and transmission have been redesigned, with the pivot point of the swing arm being in line with the output shaft, instead of having the pivot bolt pass through the rear engine mount, two separate bolts position the swing arm with the counter sprocket being housed inside the swing arm yet still easily changeable. The result is the swing arm will go through it's entire stroke with no tension or slack in the chain resulting in more consistent suspension action and power delivery. The rear drive uses a split sprocket for ease of removal all while centralizing mass.
    The front suspension is just as revolutionary with pushrod and bell crank setup with the shocks being mounted within the frame rails. In another first, a micro rack and pinion has been designed to eliminate bump steer and return a more precise steering action.
    The front hubs have been designed along with the spindles, to place the center of the tires on the center line of the spindle pivot further giving the 450 the most accurate and tunable steering in the history of sport atv's.
    Anti vibration stem is standard as it hydraulic clutch. Bodywork is 30% lighter than in the past with the ability to modify fenders with a line of shape and size options to suit your riding style.

In addition there will be several option packages if you wish to order your TRX fully customized:
    Trail Star: 47" width, extra clearance lower a-arms, nerf bars, trail spec tires, carbon kevlar underside protection, and hand guards are included.
    Desert Star: 50" width, dune spec paddle tires or desert-off road heavy duty tires, HID lighting options are included.
    Trick Star: 49" width, stiffer suspension settings and unique grab handle options are included.
    Moto Star: 50" width, nerf bars, light weight accessories are included.

Thank you for your patience, this has indeed been a long and tiresome road, I am glad to have been a beacon of light and if you read all the way down to this sentence, I am truly sorry, but my Honda insider says unless we have another financial boon that sends people back to the dealerships, they have no intention of developing a new sport quad. What I listed above was actually some of the real details, some of the things listed were actually mocked up in our long since closed shop, especially the steering and suspension. There was a fully running prototype BITD, some of you probably had seen it without knowing it because it was disguised in Kawasaki body work.

TPR

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomRider View Post
    So the new details are as follows....
    All new hybrid alloy frame which allows a rider through HRC, to fine tune not only the flex in the frame, but make subtle changes to the overall fit of rider to quad. Adjustable peg locations ensure that more riders than ever will be able to find the ideal rider position.
    Seating will be optional upon purchase. A choice of three seating options will be available, lo pro for light weight, ideal for MX. woods option with more foam but still light, and standard which will be the plushest of all.
    Motor will be an advanced 450cc TRX exclusive with dry sump lubrication, electric with kickstart back up, a 6 speed close ratio transmission, fuel injection and a cold air ram intake airbox for extra flow. To save weight, a titanium header will be standard, and again, to be totally configurable, different options available at purchase to best suit the quad to your riding style.
    Suspension will be revolutionary...to improve rear suspension response and eliminate chain slack, the frame and transmission have been redesigned, with the pivot point of the swing arm being in line with the output shaft, instead of having the pivot bolt pass through the rear engine mount, two separate bolts position the swing arm with the counter sprocket being housed inside the swing arm yet still easily changeable. The result is the swing arm will go through it's entire stroke with no tension or slack in the chain resulting in more consistent suspension action and power delivery. The rear drive uses a split sprocket for ease of removal all while centralizing mass.
    The front suspension is just as revolutionary with pushrod and bell crank setup with the shocks being mounted within the frame rails. In another first, a micro rack and pinion has been designed to eliminate bump steer and return a more precise steering action.
    The front hubs have been designed along with the spindles, to place the center of the tires on the center line of the spindle pivot further giving the 450 the most accurate and tunable steering in the history of sport atv's.
    Anti vibration stem is standard as it hydraulic clutch. Bodywork is 30% lighter than in the past with the ability to modify fenders with a line of shape and size options to suit your riding style.

In addition there will be several option packages if you wish to order your TRX fully customized:
    Trail Star: 47" width, extra clearance lower a-arms, nerf bars, trail spec tires, carbon kevlar underside protection, and hand guards are included.
    Desert Star: 50" width, dune spec paddle tires or desert-off road heavy duty tires, HID lighting options are included.
    Trick Star: 49" width, stiffer suspension settings and unique grab handle options are included.
    Moto Star: 50" width, nerf bars, light weight accessories are included.

Thank you for your patience, this has indeed been a long and tiresome road, I am glad to have been a beacon of light and if you read all the way down to this sentence, I am truly sorry, but my Honda insider says unless we have another financial boon that sends people back to the dealerships, they have no intention of developing a new sport quad. What I listed above was actually some of the real details, some of the things listed were actually mocked up in our long since closed shop, especially the steering and suspension. There was a fully running prototype BITD, some of you probably had seen it without knowing it because it was disguised in Kawasaki body work.

TPR
    Thank you.
    SHIFTx450

06 LTR450
    01 TM250
    03 XR400
    03 YZ85
    85 PW50
    01 KTM 50sx SR

Hammer Racing Powered

So all that being said and you finish by saying they're not even going to make the thing?

but I thought it was already "developed" I dont believe a thing this guy says. My thoughts are as emission rules change that will dictate when something changes like efi. only time will tell.
    RECREATION TIRES
    www.rectires.com

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomRider View Post
    unless we have another financial boon that sends people back to the dealerships, they have no intention of developing a new sport quad.
    TPR
    THIS is the only thing accurate in that whole story you wasted 15 minutes on
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast