Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tested! Raptor with YZ85 engine== GREAT SET UP!! It works!

Lol. The new kx is def king of the hill right now.
    08 TRX 700XX
    06 TRX 400EX
    12 Raptor 125 (race)
    12 Raptor 125 (practice)
    04 TRX 90
    11 DRR 50
    01 Seadoo Challenger 2000

LOL ontarget. yea so does the dealer!

well i am going YZ. got some amazing deals on a yz85 complete bike with BB setup already and a complete engine as well. so looks liek i will remain all yami this yr.

that's how it should be , Yamaha in a Yamaha ( nothing worse than seeing a drop dead 32 Ford with a SB 350 in it) lol
    YAMAHA

Well, we have dissembled part of the motor. It looks like it turned out to be a true 107cc setup. It has the +2mm stroker crank and 52.5mm piston. Luke's racing is working with us and will get us down to a 96cc limit with a cylinder change. We are discussing either going back to stock stroke with big piston (92cc when done) or even possible staying close to stock bore and using the stroker crank that would put us at 96cc dead on. We will have to wait and see what he finds when he looks at the motor. It is easier for him to have the whole motor for the porting work and new cylinder. If we do end up going back to stock crank, I will probably save 2mm one for a super mini motor build.

lots of options right now. We will see when we complete the build we are goign to set it up for mid range as that is where Austin likes to ride it most in the mid range area so that will give him best power. I'm even going to expirment with 2 pipes I got. I have a stock (2011) pipe and a pro circuit pipe. We will test each with his riding style and find the best one for him.
    Last edited by oscarmayer; 12-19-2014 at 07:06 AM. Reason: txt changes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12