Thread: head pipe getting blue?

Question head pipe getting blue?

what does that mean when your headpipe gets blue up by the engine, and how can you get rid of it?

its the jetting, im pretty sure that means it's running lean, but im not positive
    Yellow 2001 400ex with the normal goods
    The Beer Prayer
    Our lager, Which art in barrels, Hallowed be thy drink. Thy will be drunk, (I will be drunk), At home as it is in the pub. Give us this day our foamy head, And forgive us our spillages, As we forgive those who spill against us. And lead us not to incarceration, But deliver us from hangovers. For thine is the beer,
    The bitter, and the lager. Barmen.

Alot of time blue'ing is normal for a pipe. My e-series has some blue in it.

But its always a good idea to check the plug to make sure your not running lean.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

J25 Guest
    yea its normal, just about all aftermarket pipes do it, its really big w/ harleys and stuff.

ok, which one is lean... is it the black color on your spark plug or is it the whitish color? i know it needs to be brown. also what should i do if it is running lean and when it is running rich?