Thread: Proper cleaning.

Proper cleaning.

Hi im some what of a new rider, Ive always had a 300 to ride around on my property but its 90% grass and a little dirt but last year I finally got into trail riding/mudding, I went to an event called powerline park where there was allot of mud, water and dirt. Just before going I replaced my carrier bearings, the event last a weekend and yes I was trucking around in knee deep water and playing in plenty of mud. after the event all I did was wash her down with a power washer and put it away. didnt ride it again all winter and just got her out last week getting ready for powerline park again and she was squeeling so I tore apart the rear end and one of the bearings was shot, only one ride 3 days of mudding was on those bearings, did I get unlucky or did I not clean her well enough before storage. honestly there wasnt much dirt that came out with the carrier so it wasnt like there was mud packed in it.

Side note, I still replace the 0Rings that go on the carrier and on each end of the swing arm but Im not hearing of anyone else doing it, are these needed or are these other people just lazy?

I see these forums are real popular. Good thing to know.