Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Mods Should I Start With?

What Mods Should I Start With?

I just bought a '05 450r, completely stock. I want to add some performance mods. I was wondering what you guys recommend starting with to get the most bang for my buck. I was thinking along the lines of a new pipe or maybe a whole new exhaust system all together, a K&N air filter, and a jet kit/ignition module kit. I also would like to get some nerf bars for it. I was leaning towards the Pro Armor XC. Any suggestions would be awesome.

I would say get an exhaust to start, open the airbox lid and re jet, IMO get a UNI filter. Depending on what riding you do would determine my next mod.. IF your going MX I would say work on suspension and width. OR your an XC guy go w. a steering stabilizer, some skid plates or sprocket guard/ Rotor guard.
    2008 SE 450r Fox Shocks*Atv Four-Play*Dasa*Rath*HiPer*Gibson*RPM*
    *ASV*Tag*Pro Design*Uni*LSR*ITP*Maxxis*

Pipe/filter/cam IMO
    05' 450R
    07' LT-R450 White
    07' LT-R450 Yellow

Originally posted by Balaz_73*00
    Pipe/filter/cam IMO
    ^^ Agreed^^ All three of these at once. This will last you a
    month. (You'll want more) Then you have to port the head.
    A wise man can learn more from a foolish question,
    than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

Bruce Lee

Intake, pipe and Porting... u can call Titan Motorworks. I was able to do 3rd gear holeshots with stock gearing after they did my motor.
    DEVIN FISHER#56
    Team Titan
    http://media.putfile.com/Devin-F-56
    http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/DevinF450r/Home.aspx

http://www.myspace.com/dfish56

2K11 Sponsors: Titan Motorworks, Hamson Racing, MX Midwest, No Fear, SPY Optics, Gaerne Boots, Leatt Brace, 661, Monster Energy, Kicker Audio, Osiris Shoes, Custom Axis, Walsh Racecraft, Rath Racing, Hotrods, Vertex Pistons, Cylinder Works, ODI Grips, KalGard, Twin Air, DWT, Renthal

Originally posted by HoleshotR15
    I would say get an exhaust to start, open the airbox lid and re jet, IMO get a UNI filter. Depending on what riding you do would determine my next mod.. IF your going MX I would say work on suspension and width. OR your an XC guy go w. a steering stabilizer, some skid plates or sprocket guard/ Rotor guard.
    i agree with this but would add revaved stock shocks to the xc part if you have the money. just get a slip on exhaust full system really isn't that much diff. i would not tear into the motor to much stock is the way to go. i have had 2 big bore motors and they lasted about a year i have had a stock motor last for 3 years and thats when i first got a quad and did little to maintain the the motor.
    05 450r full sys hmf lt elka front shock axis lt rear, janssen outlaw2 a-arms houser +1.25 swinger pro taper bars gpr stabalizer razr rears razer 2 fronts 4-1 offset douglas shamrocks prm bumper ac grab bar durablue axcaliber axle maier hood fst 500 big bore ims roll foot pegs houser linkage galfer breaklines powermad handguards asv clutch lever
    04 450r stock +revalved shocks ims fornt bumper orange maier plastic big gun douglas beadlocks holshot rear tires and maxis razr 2 fronts

Originally posted by DEVINF450R
    Intake, pipe and Porting... u can call Titan Motorworks. I was able to do 3rd gear holeshots with stock gearing after they did my motor.
    Im sorry... a 3rd gear holeshot? im saying "bs" unless you slip the clutch like crazy. or maybe if you were running 12/41 gearing would this happen. i have had DASA, Baldwin, rage and sparks do motors for me and not one of them could do a 3rd gear start with stock gearing.

im callin your bluff.

im not saying that titan dude cant build good motors but i dont think they are that good.

Originally posted by 300racer
    i would not tear into the motor to much stock is the way to go. i have had 2 big bore motors and they lasted about a year i have had a stock motor last for 3 years and thats when i first got a quad and did little to maintain the the motor.
    I understand your theory. I've run both stock and bored and
    stroked engines. But I would rather ride a bored and stroked
    engine for a year, than a stock engine for ever. IMO.
    A wise man can learn more from a foolish question,
    than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

Bruce Lee

Originally posted by Ruf Racing
    I understand your theory. I've run both stock and bored and
    stroked engines. But I would rather ride a bored and stroked
    engine for a year, than a stock engine for ever. IMO.
    thats what a racer would say, but the weekend warrior wants something that lasts. Me on the other hand. I used to race a lot and I put quite a few races on my R. About 25 actually. My motor internally is stock with the exception of a 03 CRF cam. I run a rossier pipe with a open box with UNI filter. Thats it. Its on 05, bought in 06 and its still going good three years later.
    Steve #48

2005 450r - In great shape, setup perfect for my riding style

Aim: Sjorge3442
    Email : Sjorge_3442@hotmail.com

Temple University

i run a 11.5 piston, crf cam,open lid,needle,hmf slip-on and it runs hard. im very pleased with it. 14/40 gearing. even runs good with my 22 " rocky trail tires. on 20,s ,it rips
    2003 SUZUKI Z400 - +2 burgards 250r arms,front 450r revalves,gtthunder rear revalve and link,434 kit,hotcams,ferrea valves, dyna cdi,yoshi full system,flexx bars,powermadds,shamrock front,yellow label rear beadlocks,roll pegs,roll heel guards,400ex intake,450r tailight,190 fan switch,burgard swinger,rpm axle,250r rear caliper,anti-fade, kfx450 reverse thingy, it hauls and looks pretty too!!!

03 yamaha fz1 -*** rippin sport-tour bike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast