Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What happened??

Yea it has been ages since Ive seen Dallas or honda #4 around. The golden age of this forum peaked a few years ago but these days most everyone wants a 450 or raptor or whatever. I still see plenty of 400s out on the trailb ut not as many as I used to.

To add to all of the stuff everyone else said: NJ still stinks, nowhere to ride but the various illegal pits and some stupid itty bitty 10 acre track they opened near the end of NJ that caters to dirtbikes and expects everyone to have reg/ins and all sorts of other junk.

Me Im just busy, got hunting to go do alot now since no school to worry about, tinker with my truck, work more, etc, etc.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

First time I've logged on in a long time and I see why. Every time I click on the favorite tab for this site its just smaller and smaller over here. I don't even have a bike anymore due to the economy,and just life I guess. Seems like the sport is just dying out not just quads bikes to....I know quite a few bike riders who have gotten out of the sport this year due to its just so dam expensive....
    Loud450man
    99 400ex (junk) Sold
    05 450r (mx quad built) SOLD
    09 crf250r (mx bike built)SOLD
    00 cr125 (mx built) Sold
    04 crf450r (built to look at) current
    I HATE MUD!

Cycling is in a boom around here at the moment. It's nice being able to ride your hobby from your driveway, and it's basically in the same shape mechanically when you return as the moment you left. Just lube the chain, and replace the tires every couple thousand miles, and it's good as new. I've still got my dirtbike for the winter, though. Both of those hobbies together are cheaper than having a quad...by far.

Also the side by sides are getting popular, I know few pp that have gone to RZRs and similar from Quads.

same around wi, sxs's have taken over or 4x4s at least. not many sport machines around any more. the generation is getting older, no sport machines around for them any more. even myself included in the list, if it wasnt for my gf wanting to ride the ds more, i wouldnt be riding my 400 at all either. ive even been thinking about selling them to get a new 4x4 haha hate to let my white 250r and my 400ex go but the orange one could probably be gone without much worry.

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

dallas is doing well, he has a couple little ones around now and just bought a house with his wife.

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Quote Originally Posted by honda400ex2003 View Post
    same around wi, sxs's have taken over or 4x4s at least. not many sport machines around any more. the generation is getting older, no sport machines around for them any more. even myself included in the list, if it wasnt for my gf wanting to ride the ds more, i wouldnt be riding my 400 at all either. ive even been thinking about selling them to get a new 4x4 haha hate to let my white 250r and my 400ex go but the orange one could probably be gone without much worry.

steve
    That's the way it is around here, but it's all JUNK Polaris. I'm one of the few around that have a sport quad and been asked several times when I'm getting one of those 2 seater jobs. Being a single guy I have no use for one and even if I was to get one it wouldn't be a Polaris. It's 90% sxs probably 8% utility quads 2% diot bikes and sport quads.

Years ago everyone had utility and sport quads in our group. Now it's mostly all sxs. While those guys are replacing bearings, bushings, and axles every couple weeks. I'll just stick what works for me. Had my yfzr for over 2yrs now and I've replaced is a fuse and I just put my first set of brakes on the rear.
    2012 yfzR a few goods

2006 yfz.......pep lt shocks lsr and it glows in the dark

03 polaris predator(traded)

www.facebook.com/podiumxperts

I have to say the Honda Pioneer 500 look very attractive, because of its smaller size, too bad I cant afford it atm so the old Kawasaki will have to do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123