Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened??

What happened??

I haven't been on this forum in a while but I just got back on to start looking for a 450 and there is NO TRAFFIC on here compared to how it was a few years ago... what gives?
    2009 Polaris RZR

Popularity of the sport, failing economy....have all takin its toll.
    1984 Honda 200M ATC
    1985 Honda 200X ATC
    1986 Honda 200X ATC
    1999 Honda 406EX....11:1, Web Cam / Hardened rockers. Ported. WB CDI. CT Racing header. WB E-Series slip on. Lonestar swinger.
    2001 Honda/KTM 520 Hybrid Quad. Its like a 400EX but twice the horsepower.
    2014 Artic Cat Wildcat Trail XT

I blame it on facebook and stuff like that. It a lot easier to interact with someone over Facebook or Twitter than it is on here. Those buy/sell/trade things are constantly full. Just like the seller section was here years ago.

There's 20 times more goons on those groups but you don't have to wait....wait...and wait for a person to reply back when you find one that has nice stuff and is easy to work with.
    2012 yfzR a few goods

2006 yfz.......pep lt shocks lsr and it glows in the dark

03 polaris predator(traded)

www.facebook.com/podiumxperts

My issue is FB is full of kids and those groups look like an unorganized mess to me.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

I hate facebook, using less and less of it everyday, should be free of it soon.

I deleted my Facebook while back and don't miss the drama one bit. And if I wanted to see an animated picture sequence of your child walking across the room I would rent a Disney movie. As for the forum its a little bit of everything stated above. The sport of quads is dying, the economy sucks and everyone likes to be a know it all on facebook because all their friends can see them acting like a know it all. This site took off 14 years ago when the 400ex was flying off showroom floors faster than condom sells In a discount whore house and people wanted to talk about them, they were new ppl were doing different things with them and there was only one place where everyone was interested in hearing about what hill you climbed Saturday or what jump your buddy broke his axle on.....exriders was the only place guys could tell their stories and everyone listened, their wives and girlfriends didn't care about that creek crossing you went thru. Now no ones buying new quads. Its either overpriced side by sides or way overpriced bikes. Now there are sites all over the web that ppl can go to and talk to ppl more local to them. For example I spend a bunch of time on the Hatfield McCoy forum board, while I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest guy on there I still enjoy it. I can tell stories and can relate to stories simply because im so familiar with the trails, when a guy tells about how rough trail 35 of the rockhouse has gotten I can relate to that. This forum has a nationwide base so when a guy gets on here and talks about running 80mph through glamis, I cant relate so I lose Interest real fast
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike

If it wasn't for me being into dirt racing like I am I could probably do without mine. I don't deal or read anything unless it has to do with a dirt bike/quad, dirt cars, or cars and trucks. Yea I'll occasionally creep on the good looking female, I rarely read anything anyone says.

I've started a few fight on there cuz the pereon selling their machine thinks it's gold or has no idea at all what they have but that's just my nature. Just like the other day a guy was trying to sell a 05 honda 450r for 12k had pep or old works shocks...still had a headlight no nerf bars 18s on the back 20s on the front. NEVER RACED (which burnt me up) but was mx ready. I was quick to say I could tell it hadn't been raced but probably had been held wide open down the highway for miles and I'd buy one that's clean and been raced before I'd buy it. Ended up the boy never said anything back. The boy had a mop on his head and took 45 selfies so that was enough to tell me GOON.

What stuff I haven't bought new I have bought off of a forum, not this one cuz there is hardly ever anything for a Yamaha on here for sale. But I still read whatever is new and browse the place about once a night at work.
    2012 yfzR a few goods

2006 yfz.......pep lt shocks lsr and it glows in the dark

03 polaris predator(traded)

www.facebook.com/podiumxperts

Well I have not posted in a year I'm sure... Largely in part that I have no where to ride anymore. I still have my 400 and it still looks as sexy as it used to, I just cant seem to find time to ride anymore. I recently got married and got a dog too, so that doesn't help much. The youth of the nation are straying away from MX and XC for the most part because its way easier to do just sit inside and play it on an Xbox 420 or whatever they have out these days. Parents need to kick there kids asses out of the house and give me a bike and say " see you at dinner time and don't come back any sooner ". My parents did that to me and it was awesome!!! But again, our culture has changed so this is what is to be expected. Its good to be back though, i'll be posting more often i'm sure.
    2000 Honda TRX400EX ( MX Setup )
    2006 Suzuki LTR450 ( Stock )
    1986 Suzuki LT-250R ( Stock )
    2001 Kawasaki KX250 ( MX Setup )
    2004 Kawasaki KX85 ( Playin Bike )
    199? Yamaha PW80 ( Pit Bike )
    2003 Polaris Trail Boss 330
    1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220

Proud owner of more than 38 internal combustion engines!!!

Support our troops and we will support you!!! HOOAH!!!

Assist, Protect, Defend!!! Military Police!!

Quote Originally Posted by trailrider894 View Post
    Well I have not posted in a year I'm sure... Largely in part that I have no where to ride anymore. I still have my 400 and it still looks as sexy as it used to, I just cant seem to find time to ride anymore. I recently got married and got a dog too, so that doesn't help much. The youth of the nation are straying away from MX and XC for the most part because its way easier to do just sit inside and play it on an Xbox 420 or whatever they have out these days. Parents need to kick there kids asses out of the house and give me a bike and say " see you at dinner time and don't come back any sooner ". My parents did that to me and it was awesome!!! But again, our culture has changed so this is what is to be expected. Its good to be back though, i'll be posting more often i'm sure.
    In my area its been replaced by drugs. From 15-18 I rode quads with a group of guys that rode every Friday-Sunday At 18 i went to work and bought a brand new truck and brand new quad. Then slowly over the next 10 years evolved into a family man. Teenagers from 15 and on up now want to do nnothing but inject some chit in their body. They figure its a rush with no physical activity needed. Just set in a chair and get a rush until you OD. Makes me a nervous wreck having two little boy's
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike

I think a thread that would thrive on here is "Let's see your dusty race quad" !!

Seems like everybody has gotten busy but still has their sweet rides from 5 years ago sitting in the back of their garage somewhere untouched. Maybe it'll come back around someday...this has happened before in the 90's and came back around in the early to mid 2000's. Just a cycle I guess.
    406ex - January '13 QOTM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast