Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened??

I'm glad some of you are against Facebook. I deleted my account years ago due to unneeded drama and just the plain stupidity of it. I think Facebook is for people starving for attention. Hey look at this picture of a cake I baked, I wonder how many likes I can get. F that! Dump fb and get out into the outdoors. Go camping, build a fire, chop wood, go riding! I check this site almost everyday but I don't know why. Some of the sections haven't had activity since 2010. I am a grown man with a family but I will always enjoy quads and Motorsports. It's a great hobby!
    Thanks to my 2014 sponsors, Spy Racing, Fasst Company, Rath Racing, ODI grips, AXO racing, Yoshimura, Renthal, Twin Air, Leatt, and Powermadd.

Quote Originally Posted by turdboy View Post
    I'm glad some of you are against Facebook. I deleted my account years ago due to unneeded drama and just the plain stupidity of it. I think Facebook is for people starving for attention. Hey look at this picture of a cake I baked, I wonder how many likes I can get. F that! Dump fb and get out into the outdoors. Go camping, build a fire, chop wood, go riding! I check this site almost everyday but I don't know why. Some of the sections haven't had activity since 2010. I am a grown man with a family but I will always enjoy quads and Motorsports. It's a great hobby!
    It's different I guess for you family guys. Being single and pushing 30 I need something to occupy my time. Like I said before it wasn't for keeping with my love of dirt racing I'd hang my facebook account up. But it helps pass time when I want a good laugh. But I still ride when I can. Most of the time I just go alone just to get out of the house and use riding as a stress reliever. Since all I do is work, sleep, and go racing on the weekends.

All that stuff listed there i do. I blow something up weekly for fun, I guess that counts as building a fire don't it?
    2012 yfzR a few goods

2006 yfz.......pep lt shocks lsr and it glows in the dark

03 polaris predator(traded)

www.facebook.com/podiumxperts

Haha you guys wanna talk about drama go check out the dirtbike pages on FB, specifically the 'motocross and supercross adicts'.. so many kids bagging on quads and they ride a ttr115 and just argue with each other endlessly.

I've just been deleting people from highschool I don't talk to and people who send me invites, now the only activity I see is Moto related or from the people I actually ralk to regularly.

I maintain my FB acct, but am not active on it. I don't see the point as I'm not an attention whore. As for this site slowing down, I dunno. But I could contribute a few photos to the dusty racebike thread.

also most if not all of the 250r owners that used to be regulars on here, now are ALL on other forums,
    there is still much interest in the old 250r..and still going strong, just on forums that are for the most part free from all the kids..(but still not exempt from the drama)..

which in my opinion if the bickering and constant attacks back and forth between a few members doesn't stop soon the close nit network of R enthusiasts will loose interest.
    First sharing about the quads then caring about the quads will die then the companies supporting us will stop, and then NO MORE PARTS!!!

I know I may get bashed for this cause I know the aftermarket companies kept this sport alive thru the 90s but I think the aftermarket's helped kill this sport the last few years. When the sport boomed around 04 the aftermarket companies did too. On top of an already expensive machine ppl were spending an equal price to the purchase price for suspension to be competitive. While most of us (myself included) didn't really have the money for 800 dollar a-arms 2000 dollar shocks and a 500 dollar linkage we found the money because if not, the guy beside you at the gate who was setting on a 5 or 6 digit nest egg was gonna have that stuff. In the end it got old. Ppl started seeing the waste of money and lost interest in quads, again like myself. If I was 16 again.and know what I know now iI would have owned a crf450 when I bought my first 400ex in 02
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike

South Fork is open to quads but really don't get many other than about 50 for races. Seems like people with sport quads race but don't practice. I sat down and figured out 95% of our practice riders are on bikes. We really do well with bikes. Probably the best thing for most would be to buy a 2-stroke dirt bike and just enjoy it. It doesn't have to be a crazy expensive sport...people make it that way...especially if you do get involved in racing. Riding is moderate expense level...racing is extremely, extremely expensive. We recently had a quad only Sunday practice with 12 quads. Another track 1.5 hrs away allowed quads too...they had 5. The previous day, we had 35 bikes. Usually on a Sunday we pull in about 45 bikes. We usually have 0-3 quads on any given practice day.

I think sport quads are dying a slow death.
    Operator of South Fork Competition Park near Richmond, VA.
    www.southforkmx.com or "Like" South Fork Competition Park on Facebook.
    2013 CRF450R
    2006 TRX450R

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue#2 View Post
    If I was 16 again.and know what I know now iI would have owned a crf450 when I bought my first 400ex in 02
    I feel the same way.. bought my 400 in 03 and really regret not just sacking up and getting a better bike. (first bike was a sketchy '86 IT200 lol)

it is definitely slower for sure! i have been on the site for a long time and have never seen it this slow. it was probably 4-5 months since i was on here last, up until a couple weeks ago.

for me, no internet except at work and fb doesnt really matter except for selling stuff. i wouldnt try to get a whole lot of good advice from there. havent been riding too much, until recently with the gf getting into it more. the past few years i havent really had much time to ride with other women and other hobbies. i just dont get online that much any more since i am busy outside in the garage at night and with the gf on the weekends riding and doing other things.

snowmobiling has taken over for my favorite sport, i tend to frequent the snowmobile forum i belong to instead now. just bought my first brand new sled that will be coming soon and still have 2 of them in the garage for riding. sledding is definitely the forefront, especially with the new one coming soon. ive met some good dudes from this site, Marc is one of them. Dallas, honda#4, is another. we dont talk as often as we used to but still chat every now and again. he is just as busy with life and family as i am. things change and people do different stuff. I didnt have an extra atv for someone to ride until this summer, so when i was with a gf, i didnt want to ride alone so i did stuff we could both do.

i still have my 400, along with 2 250r's and now a ds650 that the gf rides. just picked up the ds, was planning on selling it this summer to make some cash but she likes enough to make me keep it- cool enough to get her riding on it.

Im glad i am back into the sport a little more than i have been but even a few rides this year isnt as much as it used to be. i moved for work, closer to a bigger city, lost all my riding land as a result, just havent got back to where i have enough to consistently ride daily any more. probably wont for a long time either i dont think. I had it made when i was a kid, 20 acres of private and 200 of public to ride daily so it was really nice. lived on a lake too so i could fish whenever. i dont get to do any of that stuff too often any more unless i ride trails and trailer somewhere.

the new gf is great and likes to do that kind of stuff so that helps to keep me going. im hoping to get back on the atv trails a time or two still this fall and then ride the sleds as much as i can all winter.

keep it real,
    steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Im still on a ATV honeymoon period after riding MX and PWCs for a looong time. If I could I would definitely have one of each in the shed, all would get equal saddle time[and forum time]. If that makes any sense?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast