Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Guys

Hey Guys

New Mini Dad Just wanted to say HI from Massachusetts !!!! My name is Bob and I have a 5yr old little boy named Jesse looking to follow in dads foot steps into the ATV world... Thank You in advance for stupid Mini Questions !!!! The Mini's are all new world to me lol

This is our first year and there are no stupid questions about these machines. I have made plenty of mistakes.

I got the big machines down to a science lol these little ones are just nuts lol

I'm in the same boat. These CVT are wacked out! Everything is a secret when looking for help, which is sad, but there are a few on here that will point you in the right direction. I picked up an air cooled 50 to start with and it is a blast. I did install a stock 90cc pipe and it seemed to help the mid to top performance. As far as clutching. I just pilled all the stuff from my neighbors 2014 90 and it seems to work pretty well. as far as weights...I have no clue. Went with a 19/35 gearing and that works pretty good but a 30 or 32 might work better on the larger tracks. The water cooled seem to have more power but it is what it is and for $300 this air cooled is OK with me! LOL

I picked up a DRR 90 Liquid Cooled off of Craigslist back in December the ad said " Cheap Chinese Kids ATV needs work no parts available.... " 300.00 all it needed was a intake

they're not too bad to work on once you get used to the cvt's. it's all in the clutching !!!

Chirs, thats the part that makes you nuts!! LOL I think if there was something out there that said if you do this you have to do that Or by doing this it effects that. I'm still trying to figure it out. Getting better but some things just don't jive.

508, thats a smoking deal for that 90!!! My aircooled came in boxes and I thought I got a deal....I was wrong!

Here is some info for you:
    http://www.youthatvanddirtbikeforum....gforce-f9.html

Not all of it will apply, but atleast you can look around. Also here is a little on the CVT tuning side:
    http://www.apexatv.com/techsupport/apexclutch.pdf

In the end, buy a handfull of springs and rollers and start testing. The guys a G-forcepowersports.com will be able to give you a really good starting point.

joePA,508welding: what are the plans for each mini?? maintainance,performance,racing...... ??? joePA,what size is your quad??

Mine is a 50cc right now. I also have a 90 air cooled engine as well. The quad is for racing. The little guy is just starting and I didn't want to stick thousands into something he may not like plus it is used in the yard for just ripping around so the air cooled works perfect for that. I want to pick up a 70cc cylinder and do some minor porting to help it breathe a little better and also pick up a set of the new model DRR shocks as they seem to be a little more plush.

How about you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast