Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 400ex no compression!

what are your valves set at? if they are too tight it will not start. if your getting spark and fuel, then that just leaves air. could be why it won't hit with starting fluid either.
    05 450r
    Houser stem, Denton Stabalizer, Moose Fatbars, Baldwin Hot Start Cable, Hot Rod Crank, Moose Billit Clutch Basket, Moose Easy Pull Clutch Lever, pro motion twist throttle, Lonestar Carrier, Blingstar Heel Guards, Pced Fame(Black), Pced subframe(Black), Pced swinger(Black), PRM chassis Skid, Maier Hood, front hipers

04 tld pred
    Full hmf sport pipe, pro taper bars, um nerfs, itp rims, pced frame and subframe and a-arms ( orange), pced swing arm shock springs and steering stem (black), cycra handguards, motion pro twist throttle, ims bumper, dg grab bar, moose chassis and swinger skids, spyder grips, k&n filter, pro design kill switch, front itp t9 beadlocks, rear douglas ultimate beadlocks

Quote Originally Posted by ride red 14 View Post
    what are your valves set at? if they are too tight it will not start. if your getting spark and fuel, then that just leaves air. could be why it won't hit with starting fluid either.
    I adjusted the valves to 0.010 intake and 0.012 exhaust.

Ive never had anything like this before.

should run on those. good luck
    05 450r
    Houser stem, Denton Stabalizer, Moose Fatbars, Baldwin Hot Start Cable, Hot Rod Crank, Moose Billit Clutch Basket, Moose Easy Pull Clutch Lever, pro motion twist throttle, Lonestar Carrier, Blingstar Heel Guards, Pced Fame(Black), Pced subframe(Black), Pced swinger(Black), PRM chassis Skid, Maier Hood, front hipers

04 tld pred
    Full hmf sport pipe, pro taper bars, um nerfs, itp rims, pced frame and subframe and a-arms ( orange), pced swing arm shock springs and steering stem (black), cycra handguards, motion pro twist throttle, ims bumper, dg grab bar, moose chassis and swinger skids, spyder grips, k&n filter, pro design kill switch, front itp t9 beadlocks, rear douglas ultimate beadlocks

I can't believe nobody asked...... WHATS YOUR JETTING??? You said you rebuilt it to a 440 and got new jets but what jets?
    '02 Banshee

I bought the jets from ebay seller 6 sigma. 180 main jet and 45 pilot jet. Even if it ran a little rich, I think it should ask be able to start. Bit nothing.

I just changed my timing chain today. Still nothing! !!

does it have an aftermarket cdi or aftermarket. some aftermarket ones can make it a pain to start.
    05 450r

04 tld pred

also, did you leave the plunger and spring out that were used for the stock cam decompression? just a thought
    05 450r

04 tld pred

Quote Originally Posted by zbojnik19 View Post
    I bought the jets from ebay seller 6 sigma. 180 main jet and 45 pilot jet. Even if it ran a little rich, I think it should ask be able to start. Bit nothing.

I just changed my timing chain today. Still nothing! !!
    Sounds lean on the main a bit and rich on the pilot.
    '02 Banshee

Quote Originally Posted by ride red 14 View Post
    does it have an aftermarket cdi or aftermarket. some aftermarket ones can make it a pain to start.
    Stock cdi that I know of.
    And plunger is out.

Sounds like the decompression spring on the cam is stuck happened to me after fresh rebuild I tore the whole quad apart trying to find out what was wrong
    2002 400ex
    Fmf powerbomb header with White bros r4 slip on-Houser +2 steering stem w/ flex bars-Uni filter w/ pre filter and air box lid pre filter-Houser xc nerfbars
    Rear razr xc
    Front razr 2's
    Yfz front calipers-Front elka long travel stage 2 / laeger +1 long travel a arms-Lone star 1 1/4 swinger with gtthunder xc linkage and rear shock done by gtthunder 426 11:1 comp oversized oil tank ims oversized gas tank laker plastics

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast