Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 400ex no compression!

Still sounds like timings off.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

Is there anything else I can double check that is used with timing?

So I put a screw driver down the spark plug hole and *** it came up I checked the timing hole and it was on T. One thing I havnt tired changing yet is the cdi box. Would that have anything to do with it? I'm getting spark. I changed out the spark plug coil bc the old one had a cut wire.

At this point anything is worth a shot.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

when you put the screwdriver in the plug hole and the timing mark was on "t", where were your cam lobes and the marks on the cam sprocket?
    05 450r
    Houser stem, Denton Stabalizer, Moose Fatbars, Baldwin Hot Start Cable, Hot Rod Crank, Moose Billit Clutch Basket, Moose Easy Pull Clutch Lever, pro motion twist throttle, Lonestar Carrier, Blingstar Heel Guards, Pced Fame(Black), Pced subframe(Black), Pced swinger(Black), PRM chassis Skid, Maier Hood, front hipers

04 tld pred
    Full hmf sport pipe, pro taper bars, um nerfs, itp rims, pced frame and subframe and a-arms ( orange), pced swing arm shock springs and steering stem (black), cycra handguards, motion pro twist throttle, ims bumper, dg grab bar, moose chassis and swinger skids, spyder grips, k&n filter, pro design kill switch, front itp t9 beadlocks, rear douglas ultimate beadlocks

I didn't look at my cams. But I had them facing down and the 3 marks positioned with one facing up. And set that too the T mark when I installed my chain.

Place both of your lips on the tail pipe and blow as hard as you can. If nothing happens, your not gay enough, But if it starts, then your hired! lol Just kidding!
    I'm sorry, I couldn't let that one slip by. It was just too easy. lol
    Slightly Bent Racing # 47
    400ex with some stuff
    You shouldn't be concentrating on how fast your bike is.
    You should be concentrating on how well you can ride it.
    Never ride over your skill level and Never ride over the abilities of your machine.

check your cam again when you have the piston up and the tdc mark lined up. lobes should be down and the marks at 9, 12 and 3 like you said. if all that is right on, then check your valve clearances at that point. intake should be .004in. and intake at .005in. if all that is right it should start if your gettting fuel and spark.
    05 450r
    Houser stem, Denton Stabalizer, Moose Fatbars, Baldwin Hot Start Cable, Hot Rod Crank, Moose Billit Clutch Basket, Moose Easy Pull Clutch Lever, pro motion twist throttle, Lonestar Carrier, Blingstar Heel Guards, Pced Fame(Black), Pced subframe(Black), Pced swinger(Black), PRM chassis Skid, Maier Hood, front hipers

04 tld pred
    Full hmf sport pipe, pro taper bars, um nerfs, itp rims, pced frame and subframe and a-arms ( orange), pced swing arm shock springs and steering stem (black), cycra handguards, motion pro twist throttle, ims bumper, dg grab bar, moose chassis and swinger skids, spyder grips, k&n filter, pro design kill switch, front itp t9 beadlocks, rear douglas ultimate beadlocks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345