Thread: DRR 50 atv

DRR 50 atv

Looking to get my four year old his first quad. Found someone selling a 2007 DRR 50 on CL. Asking 1600. Looks to be in excellent shape. Assuming it is stock, is this a good price? What did this quad cost new in 2007? I've searched the web for this info but came up empty. If anyone has any info to share I would really appreciate it. Thanks

anyone..anyone..
    I know that it has disc brakes, not sure if it is dual arm or single... but here is a pic. 00808_cKSfkWLBJ1W_600x450.jpg

quad sold new for 1900 but if your racing the 2010 have different shocks and exhaust cylinder is also differnet and they run better

Quote Originally Posted by bb49 View Post
    quad sold new for 1900 but if your racing the 2010 have different shocks and exhaust cylinder is also differnet and they run better
    OK thanks for the info!

I have an 04, I think, that is an air cooled model and I love it. Parts are dirt cheap and found everywhere. Is it as fast as the water cooled ones, probably not but as far as maintenance and just plain easy to work on you can't beat them for a first quad. Heck, I love this air cooled so much and they are so cheap I picked up another complete engine for less than a water cooled cylinder. If the kids are going to be racing I still think the air cooled is great to start out on and if they want to get more involved in racing then move into the water cooled machines.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    I have an 04, I think, that is an air cooled model and I love it. Parts are dirt cheap and found everywhere. Is it as fast as the water cooled ones, probably not but as far as maintenance and just plain easy to work on you can't beat them for a first quad. Heck, I love this air cooled so much and they are so cheap I picked up another complete engine for less than a water cooled cylinder. If the kids are going to be racing I still think the air cooled is great to start out on and if they want to get more involved in racing then move into the water cooled machines.
    Thanks JoePA

Craftyex, This of course is just my opinion / advice , and certainly budget comes into play as well, but if you have ANY intentions or plans of checking out the mini racing scene I would strongly recommend getting a later model that at least has the dual A arm setup. Though the older models in decent condition will certainly work well for the beginner racer, you will be wishing you had a newer frame if you catch the race fever and want to start doing modifications. Just keep your eye on the classifieds here , Craigslist , and the Facebook pages you will find one at a good price. If you are ONLY looking for a fun backyard machine, the older and less expensive models will do just fine.

I still have the first Kasea 50 that I purchased new in 2000 for my daughter who is now 18. She loves that little quad and Both of her younger sisters have learned to ride on it, had a blast on it and it still runs like a top to this day. My youngest is 8 and started racing earlier this year and I put her on a barely used 2014 DRR 50 for $ 2500 and I'm so glad I did. She caught the racing fever and we have been doing modifications every few weeks as she improves. Modifications that I would be limited on if I had an older quad.

Good luck.