Thread: what are some motors to put in the raptor 125

what are some motors to put in the raptor 125

what are some motors to put in the raptor 125 custom maby like a raptor 250 motor? or a custom 2 stroke motor?

look down in this section for posts by exhausted.. he has an rm85 in a raprot chassis.. I have also seen yz85, ktm85 and crf150r motors in them.
    Emily Saieva #411
    (Facebook, YouTube, Hookit, Twitter)
    2014 WORCS 8-15 Sport and 90cc Stock National Champion
    2013 Dirt Series 90cc Champion and Quad-x 70cc Champion
    - 2016 Media Allstars Team
    - Solo Pilot
    - Blue Sunday Films
    - Precision Powder Coating
    - Spy Optics
    - Fox Shox
    - Maxxis Tires
    - Ogio
    - Matrix Concepts
    - DWT
    - Leatt
    - Ryno Power
    - Fasst Company
    - Twin Air
    - Renthal
    - Amsoil
    - BTO Sports
    - FourWerx Carbon
    - BumPatch.com
    - Vimeo

Yes, and 85cc 2 stroke motor is probably the easiest and makes way more power than the 125 4 stroke. only real tricky part is getting the pipe to fit.
    08 TRX 700XX
    06 TRX 400EX
    12 Raptor 125 (race)
    12 Raptor 125 (practice)
    04 TRX 90
    11 DRR 50
    01 Seadoo Challenger 2000

Quote Originally Posted by exhausted View Post
    Yes, and 85cc 2 stroke motor is probably the easiest and makes way more power than the 125 4 stroke. only real tricky part is getting the pipe to fit.
    i heard that the raptor 250 and 125 frame ar same just bigger motor would the 250 raptor motor fit in there nice and easy? just thinking ahead 1/2 years from now im gonna put a custom motor in or im gonna do a lot of internal motor work

I believe the YZ engine is the easiest to fit in the raptor chassis only because of the exhaust fits a little better.... CRF 150 are bad *** though!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jweidner View Post
    I believe the YZ engine is the easiest to fit in the raptor chassis only because of the exhaust fits a little better.... CRF 150 are bad *** though!!!!
    thanx jason

Seen a guy on FB who put a YZ250F motor in a Raptor 125 Chassis!

that would be awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by tls90lx View Post
    Seen a guy on FB who put a YZ250F motor in a Raptor 125 Chassis!

you need to look at what class you want to run the bike it and then decide. if your looking to do 70cc open then a cobra or kx65 with Athena 72cc bb kit is best. if your looking to do open 90, there are a ton of options. but the truth is as I mentioned. you need to pick a class then re-ask what is the best more in the bike for that class. 150 puts them into super-mini. so if your looking to move into that class, the other option is a 105cc 2-smoker. and I hate to say it, but if I had to chose between a 105 kx or something vs. a 150, I'll take the 105 every time. twice the power in my opinion. I would again recommend KX, cobra or KTM. Reason not a Honda is there seems to be some issues with Honda at that performance level and the fact Honda keeps making changes every 2-4 yrs on a motor means very limited parts. ktm and kx both have some nice aftermarket stuff including Athena. (in my opinion the best starting point for any serious performance motor. flows way better than stock and cools tons better. then get it ported and BAM!!! your set.) anyway, good luck and let us know the class.