Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant keep Eton 90 running

Cant keep Eton 90 running

I have just replaced the carb with a new one and I still cant get it to run. I cleaned the carb even though it was new. I have tried 3 different carbs. I replaced the coil and cleaned the fuel petcock. It will start and only run about 1/4 throttle and wants to start to die. If I kinda put my hand over the intake for a second I can get it to rev up completely but then it starts slowing down and dies. It wont idle. Im over this thing I have never saw anything like it. We have had it for probably 2 years and I have rode it once. I ended up using another carb off another 90 to get it to run. The new carb does the same as the other 2 that I have. I am starting to think a vacuum leak or something I have done a leak down test though.
    2008 ltr-450 se
    2000 400ex
    2005 polaris sportsman

Watch "Eton Txl 90 problems" on YouTube
    Eton Txl 90 problems: http://youtu.be/Hk4tWw5nN5E
    2008 ltr-450 se
    2000 400ex
    2005 polaris sportsman

did you drain the tank and put fresh fuel in? try eliminating the factory petcock.run a fuel line straight to the carb(with a filter).also,you have to run an air filter of some sort even when tuning.my sons preddy 90 liked one on.the air/fuel screw should be about 1.5 turns out too.also check the carb boot to the intake as they crack sometimes.when was the last time you installed a brand new plug?? one more thing.make sure no mice got in the exhaust and built a nest and clogged it.

Yes I replaced the fuel with fresh fuel. I havent bypassed the petcock I thought about that today even though I got it flowing good. Its got a brand new air box and filter on it. The plug is pretty much new. As far as the exhaust its clean. This thing is blowing my mind it has to be something simple im overlooking. Please anymore recommendations I will try any of them.
    2008 ltr-450 se
    2000 400ex
    2005 polaris sportsman

Got compression?
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

i am in the same boat! I bought a Kasea 90 for my son, pretty much the same motor i believe, and its doing the same thing. I had a parts bike that came with it and neither carb will allow it to run. However mine will idle and if my hand is over the intake with no filter i can ride it around if I move my hand around, almost like choking it off. Does yours have the full wiring harness with all the accesories? Oil pump, electric start, electric choke? I think ours has the petcock removed cause it was overflowing the carb until I adjusted the float. Let me know what you find out and maybe we can share information to get our machines running.
    1991 Suzuki LT250R
    Burgard +2+1
    +2 Steering Stem
    IPT Holeshot HD's
    DuraBlue Extended Axle

Quote Originally Posted by LT80 View Post
    Got compression?
    again...
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

Yea its got compression im going to check again today because its been a while so I don't remember the numbers. Yes it has all that but im not using the oil injection. I eliminated that first thing I don't trust them. I have 3 carburetors. The original which I have had apart numerous times and cant find anything wrong. I also have a brand new one with manual choke setup. It wouldn't run with manual choke so I decided I was going to borrow another eton 90 just like this one to change parts until I found my problem. The first thing I changed was the carb and it ran I rode it around the house. That's the only time I have ever rode it and actually got it to run right. So I pushed it back over in the corner of the garage and decided I would just order another brand new carb with the electric choke. Once I got this one in I put it on and it will start but only run about quarter throttle and die. I cleaned the new carburetor thinking maybe something stopped it up. It has to be running way lean not getting enough fuel because if I block the intake some it will run fine. Im going to bypass the petcock today and see what that gets me. Then start checking for vacuum leaks.
    2008 ltr-450 se
    2000 400ex
    2005 polaris sportsman

compression, jetting, reeds, plug, coil, stator, cap and wire, to much oil on the air filter, bad torque spring.. If I was you I would try it again with the carb that you know worked and see if it still does... if it does then it has to be the carb. Look in that carb and see what jetts it has, needle position, sir screw etc... and duplicate
    Emily Saieva #411
    (Facebook, YouTube, Hookit, Twitter)
    2014 WORCS 8-15 Sport and 90cc Stock National Champion
    2013 Dirt Series 90cc Champion and Quad-x 70cc Champion
    - 2016 Media Allstars Team
    - Solo Pilot
    - Blue Sunday Films
    - Precision Powder Coating
    - Spy Optics
    - Fox Shox
    - Maxxis Tires
    - Ogio