Thread: 450r Clutch question

450r Clutch question

Hello, my question is about the 1st clutch fiber.. Can I run a regular fiber OR does it have to be the odd-ball fiber with the two little judder spring/spacers?
    Why would Honda make this fiber different from the others?
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    2014 AMA/ATVA 450 2X National Champion
    ALL OUT RACING
    2015 CanAm JB/Mt. Dew Live Wire Amateur Race Team
    2014 Sponsors: Extreme-Tec ATV, Makson Incorporated, Corrosion Specialties, Rath Racing, Walsh Racecraft, SF Racing, Baldwin Motosports, Apex Powersports - New Philadelphia, Ohio, Action Extreme Sports - New Philadelphia, Ohio,

You can run a regular fiber if you toss the spring and seat... The original fiber is thinner so the spring and seat fits in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Baileygunns View Post
    You can run a regular fiber if you toss the spring and seat... The original fiber is thinner so the spring and seat fits in the middle.
    Sorry I'm wanting to make sure our jargon is the same.. the "spring and seat".. is that the judder spring and ring that goes on with the smaller-oddball- fiber?
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    2014 AMA/ATVA 450 2X National Champion
    ALL OUT RACING
    2015 CanAm JB/Mt. Dew Live Wire Amateur Race Team
    2014 Sponsors: Extreme-Tec ATV, Makson Incorporated, Corrosion Specialties, Rath Racing, Walsh Racecraft, SF Racing, Baldwin Motosports, Apex Powersports - New Philadelphia, Ohio, Action Extreme Sports - New Philadelphia, Ohio,

Yes... The 2 metal rings. One is the (judder) spring and the other is the seat. Take both those out with the skinny fiber and replace it with a normal fiber.