Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well Dirts Wheels is doing it again like always!!!!!!

Well Dirts Wheels is doing it again like always!!!!!!

I just read a Dirt Wheels magazine that's a couple months old and they up to their ways again. The article was about a company in WI ( How they are #1 in atvs and utvs in service , reliablitiy, and how they need good people working for them). That's all a bunch of BS they don't want to hire any people there with experience. If you do have any experience they will try to get rid of you for anything. I heard of people getting fired for having another companies atv or utv on trailer or in a trucks bed. I know from ex-employees who had this happen plus they have been fighting them to get unemployment which sometimes don't happen. When will Dirt Wheels ever have a article , test, or shoot-out that isn't baised. My all time fav is when they said that a YZF-450 is faster then the KTM's 450. Or another one is the Raptor 700 is faster then KTM 525 and 505. Both aren't true at all. In fact my 88 250R beat my ex-Raptor ( 700) by along shot. Only thing done was FMF exhaust on the 250R.

Don't read it then
    406ex - January '13 QOTM

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrzz1012 View Post
    I just read a Dirt Wheels magazine that's a couple months old and they up to their ways again. The article was about a company in WI ( How they are #1 in atvs and utvs in service , reliablitiy, and how they need good people working for them). That's all a bunch of BS they don't want to hire any people there with experience. If you do have any experience they will try to get rid of you for anything. I heard of people getting fired for having another companies atv or utv on trailer or in a trucks bed. I know from ex-employees who had this happen plus they have been fighting them to get unemployment which sometimes don't happen. When will Dirt Wheels ever have a article , test, or shoot-out that isn't baised. My all time fav is when they said that a YZF-450 is faster then the KTM's 450. Or another one is the Raptor 700 is faster then KTM 525 and 505. Both aren't true at all. In fact my 88 250R beat my ex-Raptor ( 700) by along shot. Only thing done was FMF exhaust on the 250R.
    So I'm guessing you know ppl who have worked for Polaris. What's their pay scale to build those sweet pieces of chit? Cause they obviously put out minimum wage quality!!!!!
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue#2 View Post
    So I'm guessing you know ppl who have worked for Polaris. What's their pay scale to build those sweet pieces of chit? Cause they obviously put out minimum wage quality!!!!!
    bingo!

I cant fathom why anyone with half a brain would buy one. I understood the razor craze cause they were the first ones, but now..why would anyone ever buy one if they even have a bit of know how?
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

Should I go with the 1000 Maverick 4 seater or the Razor? New to side by sides. I would never buy Polaris quads. Thanks

I haven't heard any demons about either of them. But being Polaris I wouldn't own their 1000 just because of the quality of their quads. Just had this discussion the other day. The mav is cheaper shorter wheel base and has like what? 3 hp less than the rzr? I would think the rzr would be hard to maneuver in tight trails. Depending on what u have to pull it with u may have to go with a bigger trailer with a rzr. I never have understood why they made those things so big.

I'd buy a jeep before I bought a rzr 1000. I could cruise the trails around here and have ac and probably have a easier time in the trails without having to back up and finding other routes haha.
    2012 yfzR a few goods

2006 yfz.......pep lt shocks lsr and it glows in the dark

03 polaris predator(traded)

www.facebook.com/podiumxperts

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung04 View Post
    I haven't heard any demons about either of them. But being Polaris I wouldn't own their 1000 just because of the quality of their quads. Just had this discussion the other day. The mav is cheaper shorter wheel base and has like what? 3 hp less than the rzr? I would think the rzr would be hard to maneuver in tight trails. Depending on what u have to pull it with u may have to go with a bigger trailer with a rzr. I never have understood why they made those things so big.

I'd buy a jeep before I bought a rzr 1000. I could cruise the trails around here and have ac and probably have a easier time in the trails without having to back up and finding other routes haha.
    I have to agree. The 1000 rzr is just too big. I stopped and looked at side by sides last week. They had a maverick setting beside the 1000 rzr. The maverick could be bought for 4000 less. Had the stance of an 800s rzr. The maverick just looked like it would be better in the trails. The car would be fun if all you ride are gravel and log roads
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike

Thanks for the input. I like the Maverick the best as well. It makes you feel better when people agree. Lol

Guys I know like the Razr 570 better than the razor 800 or bigger, and many are selling them to get the new Arctic Car Wildcat Trail at 50", its my first SXS and I love it, plus AC 1 yr. Warranty and service so far is A+

1984 Honda 200M ATC
    1985 Honda 200X ATC
    1986 Honda 200X ATC
    1999 Honda 406EX....11:1, Web Cam / Hardened rockers. Ported. WB CDI. CT Racing header. WB E-Series slip on. Lonestar swinger.
    2001 Honda/KTM 520 Hybrid Quad. Its like a 400EX but twice the horsepower.
    2014 Artic Cat Wildcat Trail XT

Dirt wheels is garbage, they support the person paying them money dont go by what they say.

Look back through dirt wheels FB posts, they stole a pic of my quad from this site, claimed it was a cr500 conversion and even bashed it a lil bit without ever asking me anything about it. It just upsetting that they put mt cr250 on their FB and claimed it as if they had info on it when all they did was copy/paste and make up a description.....dirt wheels sucKS.

I had only found out because the guys I drag race against saw it and tagged me on FB saying I had been sand bagging them saying I had a 250 when I was running a 500. In the end It was all cleared up and dirtwheels "kinda" corrected it.....but still.

And to top it off they put a in the build process pic up instead of the finished build.
    400ex hybrid Finished!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMDIAw8UskQ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast