Thread: DRR swing arm and axle mod.

DRR swing arm and axle mod.

My son is wearing out axles on his DRR. About one a race. He is a bigger 10 year old and the skinny aftermarket axles for the DRR aren't cutting it. Heard people doing the 300ex and cobra axle bearing housing, carrier and axle swap. Which one is best and what parts do I need to do it with? I have a Dave Carter swingarm now with stock DRR bearing carrier and both of the different brand after market axles made for it, not doing a name drop here cause I am not happy with their product lol. Thanks in advance!

we always ran a dominator axle and never had a problem.how's the rear shock?? it might be a little too stiff.is it an aftermarket shock??

Pretty sure he has a stage 5 elka.

Fierce Powersports has been addressing the DRR and Apex flimsy axle issue for a few years with great success. An improper rear shock will for sure not help the situation but even with the correct suspension and a fast rider and big jumps the puny stock and other aftermarket axles still break.
    Proud Father of 7X National Champ Trevor Thatcher #404

Click >>Trevor's 2013 Sponsor List

www.Fierce Powersports.com

www.TrevorThatcher.com

We have Stage 5 Elka and every national Elka is at we have them adjust the shock to the track and Brock's complaints/suggestions. We have an RPM dominator and a LSR Axcalibar. Bent the first LSR, broke the second and bent the RPM in one moto at Spring Creek. Going to put our 3rd LSR on for a local race this weekend. Brock is 5'1" 120 lbs with his gear. Each race he is getting faster (at Spring Creek he had the fastest time for the weekend in the 70 auto 6-11 class). So needless to say he is big for his age and he talks about wanting to race the 70 again next year. I need to do something.

Look on eleven18powersports.com....They make a long travel DRR swinger that uses a 300EX carrier and is delivered ready to bolt on aftermarket axles or call/text them at 419-202-3516.

Yep, you're gonna need to do something cuz the faster he gets the more he will break them. My son broke one at a race in Ohio a few years ago and he was upset, I then designed a fix for it and built it, never broke another axle, never replaced the carrier bearings again and won a National Championship on the setup, that particular quad is still running around winning races to this day on the same exact axle 3 years later.
    Proud Father of 7X National Champ Trevor Thatcher #404

Click >>Trevor's 2013 Sponsor List

www.Fierce Powersports.com

www.TrevorThatcher.com

I gotta say #404`s DAD knows what he is talking about folks. Trevor rides hard and has encountered about every bad quad situation you can think of I am sure. The fixes they came up with are solid and proven.....Sometimes, even aftermarket race parts need some extra attention to hold up.....I would recommend them to anyone.....

They helped us get to where we are today for sure!!