Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 700xx mx?

700xx mx?

has any one ever seen or built or heard of a 700xx set up for motocross? when i say set up i mean it sits low has mx tires and just looks fast
    08 400ex , cut fenders, HMF slipon with modified stock header, 11:1 wiseco piston, stage 2 hot cams, burgard +2+1 a arms, rebuilt 450r shocks, tusk axle, rear itp baja rims with dunlop quadmax sports all around, racesin nerfbars and bumper, houser plus 1 stem with atv low bend pro taper bars asv lever streamline clutch cable and oury grips, rejeted 165 main jet 40 pilot and dynojet needle with K&N air filter, runs no airbox (sold)

05 trx 450r 13.5:1 je piston, port polish, stage 2 hotcam, full yoshi pipe, uni filter, +2 a arms +4 lonestar axle, stage 3 std travle elka, hiper rear rims, itp baja front rims, itp holeshots dunlop quadmax sport, bare gusset kit, quadtech hood, pro armor bumper, dg nerfs, +1 houser stem, protape atv low bend bars

not really man.. its not a straight axle so it rolls in the corners and i don't think anyone makes 18" tires for 10" rims..

Now desert racing is where it would excel

yeah the independent rear suspension would just kill you, not to mention the added weight. It would take lots of mods to make it competitive in MX.

This with 10" rear rims, I am now running 8" rears.

sweeet
    08 400ex , cut fenders, HMF slipon with modified stock header, 11:1 wiseco piston, stage 2 hot cams, burgard +2+1 a arms, rebuilt 450r shocks, tusk axle, rear itp baja rims with dunlop quadmax sports all around, racesin nerfbars and bumper, houser plus 1 stem with atv low bend pro taper bars asv lever streamline clutch cable and oury grips, rejeted 165 main jet 40 pilot and dynojet needle with K&N air filter, runs no airbox (sold)

05 trx 450r 13.5:1 je piston, port polish, stage 2 hotcam, full yoshi pipe, uni filter, +2 a arms +4 lonestar axle, stage 3 std travle elka, hiper rear rims, itp baja front rims, itp holeshots dunlop quadmax sport, bare gusset kit, quadtech hood, pro armor bumper, dg nerfs, +1 houser stem, protape atv low bend bars

Originally posted by chronicsmoke
    not really man.. its not a straight axle so it rolls in the corners and i don't think anyone makes 18" tires for 10" rims..

Now desert racing is where it would excel
    They do make 18" for 10". It was turf tammer or something I forgot. Hard to find but they make them.

And cant you buy a roll bar for the rear?
    Looking to buy KTM, outlaw, modded 400ex, hybrid, race ready quad, Roller ASAP wisconsin brokenmario123@gmail.com

LTR 1000 v twin Aprilia hybrid p. SOLD
    400ex yz hybrid SOLD

Baxter what did you do to run the 10 and 8 inch without widening it so much?

Quote Originally Posted by jah_82 View Post
    Baxter what did you do to run the 10 and 8 inch without widening it so much?
    You can get 10x8 (4:4 offset) and 10x7(4:3 offset) rims for the rear of the xx from DWT and ITP. To get 8" and 9" rims to fit , I modified a 450r rear hub to fit the XX.

This is what a 8x6 (3:3 offset) rear rim looks like on the modified 450r hubs. The 8x6 rims keep the width down to about 50". the rims are for a Apex childrens quad and although they are .125" rims they stand up to the abuse.

Also building a 753cc monster for MX. This will be my first and only attempt at this to race in 2014. Weight should be about 450lbs. Took me 2 years to find some of the parts , 4 years to save the money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast