Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need a starting point on setting up 90

need a starting point on setting up 90

I bought a 90cc motor that has a freshly rebuilt and ported (hetrick) top end on it. It has a cast cylinder on it. It came with a brand new pwk 28 and a brand new gen 3 pipe. I have a 2010 50cc in the quad now. Can I run the entire ignition system from that 50 on the 90? and any ideas where to start with jetting?

the stock 50 ignition may be small small taper and the 90 crank may be large taper, requiring the purchase of some parts but If you have buy something you may consider a pvl instead of more stock parts. Are you going to be racing this quad?

yes, endurocross racing.

You will have to have a ignition for a 90cc so i would buy a pvl if the class permits it and i would also get and over range kit if it does not already have that.My son races races mx so i really don't know what spring/belt/roller combo will live an hour through the woods but i'm sure some one will chime in here to help you.
    TS RACING
    Tanner Sorrow #12
    90 OPEN
    90 AUTO SENIOR

Thanks to Tom and Atv 4 Play
    Thanks to Norris@ Quinn Motorsports

2012 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER/PEEWEE 70CC CHAMPION
    2013 DURHAMTOWN PEEWEE 90CC CHAMPION
    2014 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER 90CC CHAMPION

Thanks a lot for your replies, can someone educate me on the pvl. Is it a install and go? What comes with it? Can I just purchase the stock 90 large taper flywheel and use the 50 stator to get us by or is the 90 stator different from the 50?

Not an install and go.You will have to time your engine.It comes with the complete ignition set-up.
    TS RACING
    Tanner Sorrow #12
    90 OPEN
    90 AUTO SENIOR

Thanks to Tom and Atv 4 Play
    Thanks to Norris@ Quinn Motorsports

2012 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER/PEEWEE 70CC CHAMPION
    2013 DURHAMTOWN PEEWEE 90CC CHAMPION
    2014 DURHAMTOWN BOMBER 90CC CHAMPION

Thanks everyone for the replies. I have decided I may sell this 90 motor, carb, pulleys and gen 3 pipe and use the 50 motor he is currently running and set up a mid race 70. What do you guys think of g-forces "finish line" kit. It comes with top end, mach 1pipe, carb, pvl, clutching and gaskets. I would then replace my stock crank with a new full circle one. I can do all this for roughly $2000.00. My son is racing endurocross and trail riding, from what I read a 90 motor with hetrick porting and gen 3 pipe is not the right set up for him. He is also very small and scares the daylights outta my wife on his 50, the 70 idea I can get by her but a 90 is out of the question. Any thoughts would be great.

I think your on the right track, but don't tell your wife the 70cc race engines will run as fast as the 90cc anyday. 2000 should get you a pro race set up like the Stage -6R/T. We found the best mid-race engine to be the Stage-6 Sport Pro I think you can do that for around 1600 including a Mach-1 pipe if you shop around.

http://www.miniquadsracing.com/topgun70upki.html

I cant seem to find the stage-6 sport pro set up online other than scooter shops. What about this package from hotquads seems priced right.

Hot Quads has the Sport Pro package, they have alot of parts that are not on the site, Just call them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast