Thread: ltr conversion need help

ltr conversion need help

I have yfz450r with Houser long travel front end with Fox evol 3 im wanted to do the l tr conversing need help to lead me to the right direction need advice and pointers

Okay first those houser arms are no good, you need arms specifically made for ltr spindles, the geometry is totally different, second the R does not benefit from ltr spindles because the R spindles are almost identical to ltr, I build a walsh yfz450r and consulted them personally on the build and this is what they told me and they do not make walsh arms for ltr spindles, what they do is use a castor bracket which houser also sells for the R, walsh calls there's the wienen bracket and houser calls there's the cecco bracket, now if houser makes arms for ltr spindles I do not know, but I know nick Gennusa personally and he is a walsh race craft wienen motor sports rider and they run stock yfz450r spindles with LSR hubs

The main reason I quit coming to this forum bad info from people who don't know squat!

Quote Originally Posted by the4billa View Post
    Okay first those houser arms are no good, you need arms specifically made for ltr spindles, the geometry is totally different, second the R does not benefit from ltr spindles because the R spindles are almost identical to ltr, I build a walsh yfz450r and consulted them personally on the build and this is what they told me and they do not make walsh arms for ltr spindles, what they do is use a castor bracket which houser also sells for the R, walsh calls there's the wienen bracket and houser calls there's the cecco bracket, now if houser makes arms for ltr spindles I do not know, but I know nick Gennusa personally and he is a walsh race craft wienen motor sports rider and they run stock yfz450r spindles with LSR hubs
    Kenny you have a yfz450r with walsh arms and ltr spindles?

Houser with Lonestar "DC Pro LTR" style spindles.

Houser has made the ltr conversion for several years now, and the R spindles are not identical to the ltr, R's and X's have the exact same spindle/knuckle that's why most of your XC guys use the ltr conversion it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal in MX.

Quote Originally Posted by KENNY HEMMINGS View Post
    Houser has made the ltr conversion for several years now, and the R spindles are not identical to the ltr, R's and X's have the exact same spindle/knuckle that's why most of your XC guys use the ltr conversion it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal in MX.
    well only gave that response because I was aware that the geometry of an a arm meant for a stock setup wold fit on a geometry of a ltr and since he was asking if he could use his existing setup I had to go with a no it won't work, if houser makes arms specifically for ltr lsr spindles that's totally different story, because even on lsr site it says a arms must be made specifically for this upgrade