Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2014 400ex OT Thread

The Official 2014 400ex OT Thread

There really isn't an off topic thread for regular talk about 400s or an area like the "Lounge" on the 450org to talk about whatever so I decided to make one.

Every other forum I'm signed up for has one so I figured it would be cool to have one here to just discuss random stuff. Even though it isn't as active, I know some of you all are floating around here.

Anyways, I drag raced yesterday with the team. Pretty sure I got my gearing down for the dirt. Came 1st in the 600 and up class 5.5 limit and 3rd in the open 400! Next race in in sand/dirt so I'll have to change it up some.
    - 2005 "The Sleeper" 400ex
    - 1984 CR125r Project

Quote Originally Posted by cheater13 View Post
    There really isn't an off topic thread for regular talk about 400s or an area like the "Lounge" on the 450org to talk about whatever so I decided to make one.

Every other forum I'm signed up for has one so I figured it would be cool to have one here to just discuss random stuff. Even though it isn't as active, I know some of you all are floating around here.

Anyways, I drag raced yesterday with the team. Pretty sure I got my gearing down for the dirt. Came 1st in the 600 and up class 5.5 limit and 3rd in the open 400! Next race in in sand/dirt so I'll have to change it up some.
    post some pics and/or videos! I got a XC race coming up on the 21st of this month. and my wife gets to go with me so I will have somebody to take pics and maybe video!

Where do you do the XC at? I've always wanted to do something like that but need another quad. Hoping to have another 400ex later this summer.

Don't have any videos actually. I have some on YouTube from last year at the local fair though. I do a lot more racing since I'm on a drag team this year. I ran a personal best of 5.4 yesterday with a 1.760ft. I got a horrible reaction time though. I normally get around .6-.7. These aren't pictures of yesterday because the photographers are working on uploading them but here's a few shots of a few weeks ago:

Time Slip:

Other guy red lighted:

Part of the team. Just got sponsored with 3 big tents too!

Waiting to go:

Raptor 700:

Awesome launch shot:

Random:
    - 1984 CR125r Project

way to go phil!

Haha thanks man!

Takin er Wednesday to get that 06 CRF carb finally put on. And my powdered HMF pipe!
    - 1984 CR125r Project

I wish we had cool options like that around my are that don't require hour's of driving. Used to have hill climbs, Drags, Mx and tons of trail areas until the Nazi DNR made it all illegal outside of their little parks. Which one park has had more deaths in a season, Than the whole state, But they think 'its progress'.

I have a buddy who keeps inviting this dipchit who shows up drinking or drunk and never wears a helmet! Then thinks hes going to get on the track and try and race me? I don't want to be on the track at the same time as a dumb drunk, Let alone run with him.

Pretty stupid to ride with no lid, Then add some liquid courage? Im almost to the point that next time im going to drain his oil, Take out the master link key, Anything to keep him off a quad when im on one.
    I already threw his keys into the river, But the drunk just hot wired it so he can keep going and give a reason why quads are looked at the way they are.
    I mean, WTF runs through peoples heads when there are big air jumps, And you show up in sunglasses and pants/work boots, Offered a helmet by EVERYONE there and 'naw' im ok! Next time it will most likely be shoes, Shorts, No shirt and sunglasses.

Quote Originally Posted by KKiowaTJ View Post
    I wish we had cool options like that around my are that don't require hour's of driving. Used to have hill climbs, Drags, Mx and tons of trail areas until the Nazi DNR made it all illegal outside of their little parks. Which one park has had more deaths in a season, Than the whole state, But they think 'its progress'.

I have a buddy who keeps inviting this dipchit who shows up drinking or drunk and never wears a helmet! Then thinks hes going to get on the track and try and race me? I don't want to be on the track at the same time as a dumb drunk, Let alone run with him.

Pretty stupid to ride with no lid, Then add some liquid courage? Im almost to the point that next time im going to drain his oil, Take out the master link key, Anything to keep him off a quad when im on one.
    I already threw his keys into the river, But the drunk just hot wired it so he can keep going and give a reason why quads are looked at the way they are.
    I mean, WTF runs through peoples heads when there are big air jumps, And you show up in sunglasses and pants/work boots, Offered a helmet by EVERYONE there and 'naw' im ok! Next time it will most likely be shoes, Shorts, No shirt and sunglasses.
    Well we actually travel an hour or hour and a half for some of our drags. We have a few local fair drags in july and august though.

Sounds like he needs to learn a lesson one good time. I always ride with my helmet no matter what kind of quad I'm on. And could just always take his spark plug out or the wire lol. We should be able to report it to local police so people with no helmets get a fine, haha.
    - 1984 CR125r Project

Quote Originally Posted by cheater13 View Post
    Well we actually travel an hour or hour and a half for some of our drags. We have a few local fair drags in july and august though.

Sounds like he needs to learn a lesson one good time. I always ride with my helmet no matter what kind of quad I'm on. And could just always take his spark plug out or the wire lol. We should be able to report it to local police so people with no helmets get a fine, haha.

The driving time just gets to be a PITA sometimes when you are ready to ride lol. Unless I ride here around my town and area, Its a minimum 60 minutes to a OHV area or even friends tracks.

Now a days, I wear everything but a chest/neck protector. Im not taking any chances and im actually getting more comfortable in gear riding than not. Yeah, Something needs done, I can see if you are on a 4x4 going through creek beds and whatnot, But to climb hills and a 50ft table top is no place to be without gear.
    Some cant get comfortable in riding boots and that's cool, But no lid is asking for trouble and should be required at the minimum.

We need to start a FB page of gear-less idiots and post up 'their' preferred riding attire. After enough people around you who know you and you have been tagged in it, You might start wearing one after all the comments that would be left.

To each their own though, Only takes one idiot to ruin it for the masses. Oddly enough, They are the first to pitch a ***** about the problem!

You guys are looking good out there representing the drag race community!!!

FYI I ran a 3.9 on my hybrid and took 1st in the atv class over here, bored camd high compression big carbd 450s and a 310 atc 250r on alky were running 4.1s
    400ex hybrid Finished!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMDIAw8UskQ

Just saw your quad on one of the Facebook groups. Ur 400 is badass man

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast