Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carburetor for 2006 DRX 90 air cooled

funny stuff !!!!!! it's usually the little things that bite us.as long as you're tearing it apart disassemble the entire carb and soak it in purple power or simple green for a few hours,rinse it off and blow out every passage with compressed air.before you put it back together spray the bowl gasket with wd-40 so it won't rip if you have to get back in there(and you know you will !!!).let me know the jetting too.

I'm happy to entertain! This carb is pretty clean, it's brand new, should I be cleaning the crap out of it anyways?

At any rate, I pulled off the carb and brought it home with me... The pilot is a 45, the main is a 122. My sparkplug is a BPR7HS.

On my main jets, it looks like I could go 120 or 118, and the pilot could go to a 42 or a 40. I realize you're saying just do the pilot first, but figured it couldn't hurt to have a main ready as well.

Also, it appears these jets are not Keihin jets, the carb is labeled PWK 28 and has a SunWorld stamp on it, the jets have a little half circle on them with a small triangle on the inside. Are these jets going to match up with the numbering for the Keihin jets? I notice that stock jetting for the Keihin is 38 for the pilot and 135 for the main.

Thanks!

Also, to address your comment on moving the needle... I tried it both ways, the needle was in the middle... I dropped the needle (moved the c-clip up one) and it ran a bit better, I then tried going the opposite direction to raise the needle (moved the c-clip down one) and it wouldn't even start for me. So at this point I will assume that dropping the needle leaned it out and I am heading in the right direction as it mentioned the direction for leaning at jetsrus.com. Great site by the way, thanks for the link.

Also, is that the best/quickest place to order jets? Hoping to get an order in tomorrow to take with me the following Tuesday, going to be on vacation and want to dial this in so me and my boy can go ride.

Thanks!

Call Gary at G-Force he can get stuff out pretty quick

cleaning a new carb probably isn't necessary but wouldn't hurt at this point.your 45 pilot sounds a little fat.rich is safe but not that much.your choice for mains sounds about right.just do the pilot first and then move on to the main.if you do both at once you might get lost in the tune.patience with this tune young jedi!!!! lol your going in the right direction with the needle clip so pilot is next.if it's responding to an adjustment then the pilot can't be that far off.can you post a pic of the carb and jets?? sunworld stuff can be a pain to find.

The carb just says 28 PWK on one side and has a small Sun World stamp on the other side.... I would take a pic of the needles, but I had to look under a lighted magnifier to even read the numbers on them. They look like standard Keihin jets from everything I have found on the net.

I went to the G-Force site and it looks like they sell the SunWorld carbs and the jets to go along with them. I sent them a note and hopefully I will hear back and confirm that I'm ordering the right stuff.

I have the one on this page:

http://www.g-forcepowersports.com/PW...atalogId=-3062

Thanks!

28mm ???? I think that's a little too big for a stocker with no mods.if you posted the size earlier I didn't see it.my apologies.if you had a pipe and clutch work I think a 28 would be good but even with all of our Polaris 90 mods I think our 24mm is a little big but it might be jetting.i believe the stock carb was a 19mm sunworld and they were no good. you're going to have to use the stock intake somehow (different size inlets) because an aftermarket filter might give it too much air to tune.been there,done that.have you worked on it this week ?? the jets are pretty common and the numbers do vary and some even have no numbers. try raising the needle clip to the top position and see what happens. keep reading the plug !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mentioned that's what I got on the first page... I haven't done any work on it since we left our cabin on Sunday... It's too late to get a different sized carb so I gotta keep going forward here, that being said, I got it tuned pretty close before I left. My son felt like he had the power back climbing and on the straights, there was a bit of bog still going downhill, but finally no more bogging out and dying.

I ordered the jets, they will be here soon hopefully, and I can put try them when I get back out there on my vacation next Tuesday. As far as raising the clip on the needle, that needle is staying where it is until I douse it in lighter fluid and torch the whole thing... I have never fought anything so much in my life, I literally needed 4 hands to get that stupid thing back together, and it wasn't a first try sort of thing.

Hopefully the pilot will do the trick, I bought a 42 and a 40 as well and a 120 and 118 main, so I'm hoping some combo there will finish this thing up.

Got my jets, I will be up at our cabin on Tuesday and will update after I get things installed and tested. Wish me luck!

Ok, got the 42 in and that seems to have helped, tuned the air screw, no stalls and he seems to have power up and down hills... fingers crossed but I think this might have done it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast