Thread: Is it true that...

Is it true that...

Ok some of you guys might have seen my other thread where I am looking to source parts for a rear swinger of a Xtreme Typhoon and or Baja Storm ATV. The reason that I am looking for those parts is because I am looking to build a fully suspended 3 wheeler. I already have a Honda ATC70 and I am really not looking to build anything bigger that. The rear swinger off the typhoon/storm bolts directly onto a CRF50/CRF70 style frame. I am having a really hard time finding all the parts I need for the swinger I got off eBay. Not to mention all the parts are starting to add up.

I'm supposed to go look at a complete Baja Storm tomorrow. So I was wondering if you all could save me a trip and possibly some money. Is it true that the Xtreme Typhoon and Baja Storm ATV's is a pit bike frame with a front add on section for a ATV axle? I'm told you could pull the front ATV frame off and bolt in whatever forks you want. If that's the case, then I would have my fully suspended ATC70 similar to what this guy did. Thanks in advance.

it has been 3 or 4 years since i messed with these bikes, but i do not remember there being an add on section or section that could be removed, but the swing arms were very similar to a pit bikes the way they were set up for the shock. i do still have some parts, brakes and axle are about all i have that i beleive you could use. the rest is plastic, shocks, and front end stuff

Thank Leager, I just sent you a PM.

it did use the main part of a pitbike frame, but there is more than just a few bolt ons. the entire front section was done differently, and they added parts to the frame for the front ATV section to be bolted onto as well as the rear of the frame. they are decent started ATVs for funning. We have been racing the typhoon style for 3 years. they require a ton of upgrades and lots of custom work to be anywhere near competitive (just to stat with the pack). we even stuffed a kx65 into one with tons of stuff like fox shocks, and more and still fight just to stick with the other ATVs in the class. but that is also partly rider. Anyway, if your looking for something more stable than the average $400 110 small ATV then it's a nice upgrade. if your looking to race, you would be better off with something more supported. Raptor 125 is a goods start. I have welders, and all kinds of tools so for me it's just time, but if I had to pay a shop it would have been very expensive.

good luck what ever you decide.

I ended up not getting it, but I should have because it was a complete bike. Thanks for replying oscarmayer.

i have a complete bike for sale actually. i have 2 of them. if your interested let me know.