Thread: Can Am Ds 70

Can Am Ds 70

I purchased a DS 70 for my boy and now he wants to race at the local track (Flat track) what are the basic things he needs to just get out their and race?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymac8 View Post
    I purchased a DS 70 for my boy and now he wants to race at the local track (Flat track) what are the basic things he needs to just get out their and race?
    your in the wrong section, but you need suspension first and for most.
    honestly most people I know do not have good luck with the DS70/90s as there are not many parts available and lack a lot of power compared to other models. They were really designed as a sporty trail rider not a racer. You'll need to find a place to widen the A-Arms and the rear end. the wider the better (to legal limit). You'll need to increase HP. by 2 factor. So that means higher comp pistons, and such. Even exhaust upgrades. The truth is you'll be stuck racing the 70cc 2-strokes. the 70cc bikes are going to leave him sitting still. a 70cc 2-stroke can compete with a 200cc 4-stroke if that tells you anything on the power and performance.
    let him ride and enjoy, but if your going to race, get yourself a rear racer. Cobra, DRR, Apex all make a great mini and you can have a used one for around $1800 or so in good shape.