Thread: pvl timing

pvl timing

never set up a pvl before. anybody know a site that has directions on it or a quick how to. im installing a stage 6 on a polini 50
    Thanks
    G Force
    Amsoil
    Oneil

I believe G-Force has directions somewhere in there forums. Also there is a few videos on You tube one made by Malossi factory mechanics.

ok thanks
    Thanks
    G Force
    Amsoil
    Oneil

i need the spec to set it at? is that based on what its on or is there a base to start at like .140 ?
    Thanks
    G Force
    Amsoil
    Oneil

Quote Originally Posted by corbinsdad67 View Post
    i need the spec to set it at? is that based on what its on or is there a base to start at like .140 ?
    you'll find top dead center (piston)... back the piston down so the setting is before top dead center...
    Where ya at in Ohio? I've got a tool that screws in the spark plug hole that makes it pretty easy you can have...
    We plan to ride a Briarcliff this weekend if that helps.... I'm in New Philadelphia
    Rocky
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    2014 AMA/ATVA 450 2X National Champion
    ALL OUT RACING
    2015 CanAm JB/Mt. Dew Live Wire Amateur Race Team
    2014 Sponsors: Extreme-Tec ATV, Makson Incorporated, Corrosion Specialties, Rath Racing, Walsh Racecraft, SF Racing, Baldwin Motosports, Apex Powersports - New Philadelphia, Ohio, Action Extreme Sports - New Philadelphia, Ohio,

i actually just bought the tool from hot quads to do it but thank you. im in akron so not far from you not sure if we are going to crew fest or not if we do i will have you give me a quick lesson i understand the tdc then back it up but not sure what a good starting spec is. i read somewhere .141 but not sure if that was correct or not ? my phone number is 330-603-6508 if you have some free time 1 evening any info would be great
    Thanks
    G Force
    Amsoil
    Oneil