Thread: what is everyone running for tires these days??

what is everyone running for tires these days??

I see that some companies are making some skinnier rears for mini ATV's and I am wondering if anyone has tried them with some reviews and maybe even a pic or two of them on the machine... I found these

RAZR Cross M958 rears in 18x6x8

QuadCross MX pro 18x8x8 These look really good, I would love some pics and info on this tire on a mini

We only trail ride and my daughter does not race I am worried about the 18" robbing her of even more ground clearance compared to the stockers shes using now.

So what do you all use on the trails for best, ride, clearance, traction???

thanks
    88 250r
    My other machines change to often

"I am worried about the 18" robbing her of even more ground clearance compared to the stockers shes using now."

Depending on whether you have 20's or 19's, It's only a 1/2 or 1 inch lower.
    I'm always a fan of less tire width.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

Believe it or not, .5" would make a pretty significant difference on the rocky terrain around here, she scrapes/bottoms enough as it is. I was just hoping that some of the 18" may actually measure 19" including tread, but some measure under 18" and I cant do that. Her tires measure 19.5" now.

I agree with the skinny tires being better in most any situation for a mini.

Is there a good 19/20" skinny, knobby or anything available that may work for me that any of you can think of?
    88 250r

What about the kenda k290 I just found, scorpion I believe they are called. Anyone try the 20-7-8?
    Plus they are priced right... Let me know if anyone has used these
    88 250r