Thread: Small Oil Leak At Kickstart

Small Oil Leak At Kickstart

My 05 has a small oil leak that looks like its coming from the spot where the kickstart lever bolts to the side case. I checked to make sure the bolt was tight (it has been loose once before) and it was fine. I looked on the schematic and nothing pops up under the kickstart section. But on the right side case schematic it shows a seal in the location where the kickstart lever bolts up. Is this all I would need or is the problem from something else?
    Brandon
    Quad X series

2005 Trx450r - CP 12:1, Thunder Alley Custom Exhaust (built by Bob Murray), uni, Fireball Lt Arms, LT Axis fronts, Axis rear, GT Thunder link, Burgard Stabilizer, Renthal, G-Force, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Maier Hood, Amsoil 10w40

Just need a seal use a self tapping screw in old seal screw in and use pliers to pull out old one

Will do, thanks a lot!
    Brandon
    Quad X series

2005 Trx450r - CP 12:1, Thunder Alley Custom Exhaust (built by Bob Murray), uni, Fireball Lt Arms, LT Axis fronts, Axis rear, GT Thunder link, Burgard Stabilizer, Renthal, G-Force, Pro Armor XC nerfs, Maier Hood, Amsoil 10w40

Be sure you have a full air fuel screw assembly. Spring, washer and a good undamaged o-ring. Can you change the idle of the quad at all woth the a/f screw. Obviously cranking it in has no effect but what does it do if you start cranking it out?
    Pass your Real - ccie vce and keene.edu exams in first try by using our guaranteed artinstitutesmiami and Braindumps - 400-101 - test and best quality selftestengine.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAndra View Post
    Be sure you have a full air fuel screw assembly. Spring, washer and a good undamaged o-ring. Can you change the idle of the quad at all woth the a/f screw. Obviously cranking it in has no effect but what does it do if you start cranking it out?
    It ended up being the rubber seal behind the bolt that mounts the kickstart lever. It took a small pick to get the old seal out because its flat and is recessed in, but wasn't too hard to replace.
    Brandon
    Quad X series