Thread: After crash question

After crash question

Last fall he raced, his only race of the year, the box scraper mistake on a whoop left 12" lip on the face of it he hit it with the right front and flipped over the bars and and the quad went end for end twice. He got back on too finish but complained the quad would shake at higher speeds and it wanted to pull really hard. Looked at the following day but din't see anything tweeked, but still says it shakes and pulls.
    What am I missing? I know very little about quads.

Ater writing this I noticed I didn't give the specs of what he has,,,,, dummy. 2006 single A-arm DRR 50cc quad. All stock. It works very good for what we need and he loves it.

first find out where it shakes.does he feel it in his hands or does the whole quad shake? to start put it on a stand and spin the front tires.do you have a bent rim?? check all the suspension and make sure the a-arm mounts are tight,the steering linkage is good and also do the same for the rear.make sure the front calipers aren't sticking too.more than likely you have a bent rim but the pulling issue might be caliper related.does it have front discs?

Thanks Chris, I've checked the rims, they seem to e straight and the brakes are free. I too thought of a bent rim but didn't see anything. He said it shake is in the handle bars and it's when he gets up to speed. This is why it's so mind blowing to me, I just can't seen what should be easy.... but I guess I shouldn't use the word "easy" since I can't find it. Ha ha

Check your alignment, could be a bent tie rod… and it is shaking the handle bars side to side at higher speeds

have you tried running it on stand ?? make sure it's nothing in the drivetrain.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it this weekend.

ride the quad down the street yourself. You should be able to see whats wrong. I would say as long as everything is tight your more than likely have a bent rim or two.
    Emily Saieva #411
    (Facebook, YouTube, Hookit, Twitter)
    2014 WORCS 8-15 Sport and 90cc Stock National Champion
    2013 Dirt Series 90cc Champion and Quad-x 70cc Champion
    - 2016 Media Allstars Team
    - Solo Pilot
    - Blue Sunday Films
    - Precision Powder Coating
    - Spy Optics
    - Fox Shox
    - Maxxis Tires
    - Ogio