Thread: Cant decide! need help! Raptor/450r orr??

Cant decide! need help! Raptor/450r orr??

Im looking to buy a new quad but i cant decide what i want or need. I do alot of trail riding but also do some road riding. I was going to buy a predator but i cant seem to keep wheelies up very long with them and thats one of my favorite things to do so i was looking at some raptor 700s and honda 450rs...What quad do u guys believe would be best for my type of riding??? THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by jews in space11 View Post
    Im looking to buy a new quad but i cant decide what i want or need. I do alot of trail riding but also do some road riding. I was going to buy a predator but i cant seem to keep wheelies up very long with them and thats one of my favorite things to do so i was looking at some raptor 700s and honda 450rs...What quad do u guys believe would be best for my type of riding??? THANKS
    Suzuki z400
    02 Warrior
    Lonestar, Elka, Houser, Yoshimura, American Star Racing, Flexx
    04 Crf50

ohiomafiariders.com

If I was a full time trail rider I would be on a raptor 700 or a 700xx. Big bore long stroke reliable motors that your more than likely not going to get bored with.
    2009 CRF450 Full TI yosh and Remapped

2001 CR250 Single track bike

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue#2 View Post
    If I was a full time trail rider I would be on a raptor 700 or a 700xx. Big bore long stroke reliable motors that your more than likely not going to get bored with.
    Yeah i think thats what im going to do. I hear the honda 450 is a good quad but that 700 should give me the power i want

I don't know if a raptor is even comparable to a 450.. Two different machines
    XC 08 450r

Quote Originally Posted by HondaRacing83 View Post
    I don't know if a raptor is even comparable to a 450.. Two different machines
    I used to have a yfz 450. i liked them both..What are the main differences between the two besides CCs??

Get the 700xx if your a trail rider. We trail ride sometimes and my buddy on the 700xx is all nice and cushy ride while me on my 450 feels every single rock.

The 700 raptor is pretty mean. Stock vs stock it'll put the hammer on a yfzr in a straight line. I seen a review where they put the 700 and the yfzr head to head on a track and in the woods. The 700 was of course better in the woods buts wasn't far off of the yfzr track time. I never felt right on irs quad. I like being able to slide the @$$ end around. But u won't get beat up as much, I don't mind a beating haha. But u can't go wrong with either 700 I don't think.
    2012 yfzR a few goods

2006 yfz.......pep lt shocks lsr and it glows in the dark

03 polaris predator(traded)

www.facebook.com/podiumxperts