Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camber

Why are you so interested in using heims for the TRE? Id much rather a sealed ball joint.

As for walsh: yep insane pricing.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

This bikes only going to see a race track or some occasional sand, so I don't really need a sealed ball joint. The only time it's going to see mud or water is if the track I'm riding is wet, or if it's raining, and more than likely I won't be riding if it is that kind of conditions. So since I don't need a sealed ball joint I might as well go with the heims which are easier too turn and last just as long, especially where and when I'll be using them.
    2002 Ford Ranger (Red, Westin Brush Guard, K&N CAI, Clearance Lights, couple other little things)
    2012 RAM Power Wagon (Black, Line X, Weathertech, Cover King, Flowmaster, Tinted, DiabloSport Trinity, Rertro Shop Custom Headlights, Leveled)
    2006 450R (MX/Dune/QFMX Machine)
    2005 407EX (XC, GNCC, Harescramble Machine, Not much left that's stock, PICS)

R.I.P. Caleb Moore, you will not be forgotten.
    R.I.P. Tyler Saxton, I'll never forget you bud.

Gotcha. Perhaps contacting american star directly is what you should try?
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP

Well I got lucky and the stock jam nuts were the same size as what I had. I got it all back together and set earlier today. Couldn't get the camber perfect, just as close to 4 without going over as I could since you can't fine tune it with the way the heims are. One sides exactly 4 and the other is 3.3, but if I took it another turn out it would have been over 4, so I left it. Didn't get it out to ride it but there is going to be races here later this month so I'll find out how good it handles then. Thanks for the help Marc, since you seem to be the only one on here anymore....
    2002 Ford Ranger (Red, Westin Brush Guard, K&N CAI, Clearance Lights, couple other little things)
    2012 RAM Power Wagon (Black, Line X, Weathertech, Cover King, Flowmaster, Tinted, DiabloSport Trinity, Rertro Shop Custom Headlights, Leveled)
    2006 450R (MX/Dune/QFMX Machine)
    2005 407EX (XC, GNCC, Harescramble Machine, Not much left that's stock, PICS)

R.I.P. Caleb Moore, you will not be forgotten.
    R.I.P. Tyler Saxton, I'll never forget you bud.

Your welcome for the help bud. Sorry you cant get it dialed in right. Perhaps the heims are worn out? I mostly moved to the 450r org site these days. Sadly anyone worthwhile doesnt post much here if it all anymore.
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12